2. What is leadership?
Why is leadership important – why do we need leaders?
Roles and responsibilities of a Team Leader
Leaders born or Bred??
3. "Leadership is a function of knowing yourself, having a vision
that is well communicated, building trust among colleagues,
and taking effective action to realize your own leadership
Prof. Warren Bennis
5. Leadership Skills
• Clever (intelligent)
• Conceptually skilled
• Diplomatic and tactful
• Knowledgeable about group task
• Socially skilled
• Emotional Intelligence and Fight to Fight Response
6. 1. Guide/coordinate team members – encourage
teamwork and motivate individuals
2. Provide structure for team – set mission and purpose,
clarify roles and responsibilities, allocate tasks and set
3. Clarify working methods, practises and protocol
4. Focus on performance – anticipate challenges, monitor
performance, delegate and provide support
Key Team Leader Responsibilities
Napoleon all who were born with little, except the natural will and ability to lead.
Inherit certain qualities and traits
By teaching, learning and observation
8. A Team Is Not A
Group Of People
Who Work Together
A Team Is A
Group Of People
Who Trust Each Other
Leadership In Group
13. “The process by which guiding members of an organization
envision its future and develop the necessary procedures and
operations to achieve the future.”
15. Break through thinking about future organizational boundaries are more
Shift in focus from inputs that are used to run business to the outputs and
outcomes the organization desires to achieve.
Focus of optimizing organizational performance and process quality as key
to delivering outputs.
A move towards organizational culture that adapts easily to change.
16. Denise Lindsey Wells (Strategic mgt. for senior leaders)
Enhancing soft skills –
Prof. Depali Biswas.