O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
I’ve seen a lot of them during events. And they’ve always been kind of janky. Either the camera is off of an iPad so the image quality is not good, or they try to be “cool” and send you a digital copy.
Props to my wife, Mia because when I told her that I wanted to make a photobooth, she knew I was going to put a ton of time on this thing and not on wedding planning. But she supported me anyway.
It was a success! People had a lot of fun at the photobooth, and Mia and I were able to look back at all of them as well.
How to create a smart Photobooth
Impress Your friends:
Create a Smart Photobooth
Hao Luo Sr Technical Evangelist – Microsoft @howlowck
• Overview of the Project
• First Demo!
• Deep dive on the photobooth
• Facial Recognition
• Second Demo!
Why did I build a Photobooth?
• Married this year
• I like a challenge
• High Quality Photos (DSLR)
• Intuitive, User Friendly (touch interface)
• Customized Print
• As much NodeJS as possible
Getting the photos back from DSLR
• Canon EOS Utility (Windows, Mac, Linux Supported)
• Saved to an import folder
• chokidar package
• Save a copy to the working directory
• Notifies the frontend to show up on the screen
• Internet Printer Protocol (IETF Spec)
• `npm install ipp`
• Microsoft Cognitive Services Face API
• To use Identify Endpoint
1. Train the API with known persons
2. Call the identify endpoint in your app
Train Train the PersonGroup
Add (get a picture) Add a Face to the Person
Create Create a Person
List List everyone in your PersonGroup
Create Create/Get a PersonGroup
• Face Trainer (serverless/static web app)
• Mobile Web App for Users
Lessons Learned from this
• Two cameras can be confusing (people don’t read)
• DSLR focus should be automatic
• Still needs someone to monitor the photobooth
• Cost $300 new cost
• $100 photo printer,
• $50 camera accessories,
• $150 ink and photo paper
• Next Step Ideas:
• Electron App
• Smaller Form Factor (Raspberry Pi)
• Getting the feed from Camera.
• I Learned a ton
(Simplified Circuit for TriggerTrap)
• https://github.com/Triggertrap/mobile-dongle (open sourced HW)
• https://face.lifeishao.com (static web app for Face API management)
• http://aka.ms/nodevemberphoto (for adding yourself to this
• https://github.com/howlowck/haos-photobooth (repo for this