9. “ I’m proud to say the Postum Club donated the first $5,000, and our goal is to raise another $15,000 to help Franklin Elementary.” Randy Yother - #20/32 Production Facility Postum Club Liaison Officer
10. “ We can make a huge impact by helping one kid, one school - and winning back the neighborhoods one generation at a time...” Tim Anderson - HR Director, Ralcorp Cereal Products
11. “ Our initial focus on children is well placed given the history of Post Cereal’s involvement with children in the local community.” John Schwartz - Retirees Union Officer & Past Union President, Local 374
12. “ We want to make sure there is enough playground equipment. A playground has a big impact on children — it helps them learn to interact, share, and gives them a sense of belonging.” Barrie Green - HR Manager, Post Foods, BC Plant
13. “ It doesn’t take millions to make a difference — show your Post pride by joining me in supporting this foundation that can touch so many lives.” Keith Martens - Battle Creek Post Foods, Plant Manager
14. “ We’ve reaped a lot of great fortune by being employees at Post Foods, so it’s time to give that little extra back to help someone less fortunate.” Ed Feld - Union President, Local 374
15. “ This is bigger than just a playground, this will affect people’s lives. We need to make sure we’re helping each other out and this is an excellent avenue to do that. ” Mike Hedge – Operation Supervisor, Post Foods, BC Plant
16. “ I got involved with this because I enjoy helping people. I’d like to see our community grow stronger within a strong foundation!” Jerald Putman – Communication Officer of the Postum Club, #29 Building Production
A Brief History – The POSTUM CLUB COMMUNITY PROJECT FUND was established in March 2009 with the Battle Creek Community Foundation. The designated purpose for this fund is to support those experiencing financial hardships, neighborhood events, school functions and other activities that increase neighborhood collaboration and enhance learning and safety.
The $5,000 to establish the endowment fund has already been donated by the Postum Club.
School Sponsored programs: Rewards for the Battle Creek Pride Club – which encourages positive behavior Supporting the Grandfriend Program