3. Our Executive Coaching program provides
hands on, intensive, one-on-one coaching
on the core Marketing fundamentals
4. Strategic Thinking is an essential foundation to help Brand Executives
ask big questions that challenge their teams & focus brand decisions.
• We teach Brand Executives to think strategically. We show them how to ask the right
questions before seeing solutions, how to map out a range of decision trees that
intersect and connect by imagining how events will play out.
• We take you through the 7 elements of good strategy: vision, opportunity, focus,
speed, early win, leverage and gateway. We use forced choice in each model to help
Marketers Executives make smart focused decisions.
• We teach the value of asking good questions, using four interruptive questions to
help frame your team’s brand strategy, looking at competitive position, brand’s core
strength, the connectivity with your consumer and internal situation your brand faces.
• We show how to build strategic statements that set up a smart strategic brand plan.
How to turn strategic
focus into bigger gains
for your business
5. A winning brand positioning statement sets up the brand’s external
communication and internally with employees who deliver that promise.
• We show how to write a classic Brand Positioning statement with four key elements:
target market, competitive set, main benefit and reason to believe (RTBs).
• We introduce the Consumer Benefit ladder, that starts with the consumer target, with
insights and enemies. We layer in the brand features. then get in the consumers
shoes and ask “what do i get” to find the functional benefits and ask “how does this
make me feel” to find the emotional benefits.
• We introduce a unique tool that provide the top 50 potential functional and top 40
emotional benefits to help Marketers stretch your mind yet narrow in on those that
are most motivating and own-able for the brand.
• We then show how to build an Organizing Big Idea that leads every aspect of your
brand, including promise, story, innovation, purchase moment and experience.
Defining your brand, by
finding a unique, motivating
and own-able space
6. A good Brand Plan provides a road map for everyone in the organization
to follow: Sales, R&D, Agencies and future Marketers on the brand.
• We demonstrate how to write each component of the Brand Plan, looking at brand
vision, purpose, values, goals, key Issues, strategies and tactics. We provide
definitions and examples to inspire you on how to write each component. We provide
a full mock brand plan, with a framework for you to use on your own brand.
• At each step, we provide the ideal format presentation to management. We offer
unique formats for a Plan on a Page and long-range Strategic Road Maps.
• We show how to build Marketing Execution plans as part of the overall brand plan,
looking at a Brand Communications Plan, Innovation Plan, In-store plan and
Experiential plan. This gives the strategic direction to everyone in the organization.
Creating a brand plan that
everyone who touches
the brand can follow
Writing Brand Plans
7. Brand Leaders to judge and decide on execution options that break
through to consumers and motivates them to take action.
• We provide Brand Executives with tools and techniques for judging communication
concepts from your agencies, as well as processes for making decisions and
providing effective feedback. We talk about the crucial role of the brand leader in
getting amazing marketing execution for your brand.
• We teach how to make marketing decisions with the ABC’S, so you can choose
great ads and reject bad ads looking at tools such as Attention (A), Branding (B),
Communication (C) and Stickiness (S)
• We teach how to provide copy direction that inspires and challenges the agency to
deliver great execution. We also talk about how to be a better client so you can
motivate and inspire your agency.
Tools to help you assess,
decide and provide
feedback to Agencies
8. We show how to build a deep-dive business review on the brand, looking
at the category, consumers, competitors, channels and brand.
• We start with the smart analytical principles that will challenge your thinking and help
you gain more support by telling analytical stories through data.
• We teach you the steps to complete a deep-dive Business Review that will help assess
the health and wealth of the brand, looking at the category, consumer, competitors,
channels and brand. We show key formulas you need to know for financial analysis.
• We teach how to turn your analysis into a presentation for management, showing the
ideal presentation slide format. We provide a full mock business review, with a
framework and examples of every type of analysis, for you to use on your own brand.
• We show you how to turn your analytical thinking into making projections by
extrapolating data into the future.
Turning data into analytical
story telling that sets up
the strategic choices
9. We show how to build a Big Idea for your personal brand that you can
stand behind as a Brand Leader
• We start by looking at your core strength as a Marketing Leader and use a skills and
behavior assessment to match your performance up to that strength.
• We introduce a unique tool to build your personal 7 second pitch, helping to form your
Big Idea that you can stand behind. We expand this to a 30-minute pitch that you can
use to build your career around your Big Idea.
• We show planning tools that you can use to build your own brand plan with a career
vision, purpose, values, beliefs and motivation quotes.
• We provide career advice tailored to the job situation the executive is facing.
• We discuss key tools for communication including an internal credo document, the use
of social media to express your views and building your executive profile statement.
Helping Brand Leaders
focus their Big Idea to their
10. Graham is one of the voices of the modern Brand Leader.
Graham spent 20 years in Brand Management leading some of the world’s
most beloved brands at Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, General Mills and Coke,
rising up to VP Marketing. In his career, he has won numerous Advertising and
Innovation awards. Graham played a major role in helping Pfizer win Marketing
Magazine’s “Marketer of the Year” award.
Graham started Beloved Brands believing he could make brands stronger
and brand leaders smarter. Graham will challenge you and your team to think
differently and strategically. He leads workshops that will help define your
Brand Positioning Statement, create a Big Idea for your brand, and write
Brand Plans to motivate and focus everyone that works on the brand.
He will build Brand Management training programs that will help
unleash the full potential of your team, so your team can produce
exceptionally smart work that drives stronger brand results.
The Beloved Brands client roster includes the NFL Players
Association, Reebok. Acura, Shell, Jack Link’s, 3M, and Pfizer.
Graham Robertson at Beloved Brands
A NEW WAY to look at Brand Management
11. Graham Robertson at Beloved Brands
Significant career experience in Brand Management
• MBA, Ivey School of Business, Western University, 1994
• Bachelor of Commerce, Carleton University, 1989
• President, 2010- Present
• Head of Advertising, 2009-10
• VP Marketing, 2005-08
• Group Brand Director, 1999-2005
• Senior Brand Manager, 1997-99
• Associate Brand Manager, 1994-96
• Coca-Cola, Summer Marketing Intern, 1993
• Marketing Training Program, 1989-92
12. At Beloved Brands, we will make your brand
stronger and your brand leaders smarter.
We lead workshops to define your brand, helping you uncover a unique, own-
able Brand Positioning Statement and an organizing Big Idea that transforms
your brand’s DNA into a consumer-centric and winning brand reputation.
We lead workshops to build a strategic Brand Plan that will optimize your
resources and motivates everyone that touches the brand to follow the plan.
We coach on Marketing execution, helping build programs that create a bond
with your consumers, to ensure your investment drives growth on your brand.
We will build a Brand Management Training Program, so you can unleash the
full potential of your Marketing team, enabling them to contribute smart and
exceptional Marketing work that drives brand growth.
Executive Coaching program designed to help Marketing Leaders get smarter,
and then drive stronger brand performance on their brands. Executives can use
their increased knowledge to help their own teams get smarter.
13. We make brands stronger.
We make brand leaders smarter.
At Beloved Brands, we are
guided by our belief that
smarter Marketers will deliver
incredible work that will make
their brand stronger.
14. We make brands stronger.
We make brand leaders smarter.
We would love the
opportunity to help you
unleash your full potential
as a Marketing Executive
Graham Robertson • 416 885 3911 • email@example.com