1. - 1 -
Designation : QA / QC ENGINEER - I
WELDING (Senior Certified Welding Inspector) & COATING (NACE LEVEL II) CERTIFIED
I have more than 13.2 years’ of experience in Construction industries as a QA/QC on facilities for the Oil & gas, Marine,
Processing plant, waste water treatment plant, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, Data Centre etc...
Reference: instrumental for ensuring compliance to clients specification/ Versed with ASME, ASTM, ASNT, AWS, API,
SEMI, BS, DVS, DIN, EN & ISO Specification, Structural Steel, Mechanical Equipment, Pressure vessel, storage tanks and
all related piping( High purity / process/ Utility/ Gas, Steam line etc...
Experience in Ducting, piping & pipeline, fabrication / installation, Hydro test, pneumatic test, leak test, reinstatement
Experience in High Purity Piping/equipment - Metallic & non-Metallic.
Experience in structural, Tanks, Pressure vessels fabrication and installation.
Various types of storage tanks inspection.
Good radiographic interpretation skills.
Experience in surface preparation and all phases of coating Inspection.
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering. (B.E.,) Dr.N.N.C.E College of Engg, University of Madras, India.
Year of Pass: April-2003, First Class
Diploma Mechanical Engineering. (D.M.E.,) Thanthai Roever Institute of Polytechnic, India.
Year of Pass: April-2000, First Class with Honors
SENIOR CERTIFIED WELDING INSPECTOR (CERT. No 14070018), American Welding Society,
NACE LEVEL - 2 / CERTIFIED COATING INSPECTOR (CIP No: 068173), Nace International
Certified welding Inspection / IR FUSION, Singapore
ASNT Level-II – Penetrant Test (PT)
ASNT Level II – Magnetic Particle (MT)
ASNT Level II – Radiographic Interpretation (RI)
Certified CONQUAS/QM Managers course, Singapore
CONQUAS Training for Builders, Singapore
Construction safety supervisor Course, Singapore
Safety Instruction Course (Manhole) for supervisors, Singapore
Risk Management course, Singapore
Diploma Auto Cad. (CADD Centre, INDIA)
PRO/ENGINEER (3CT Technology, INDIA)
Diploma - MS Office (Word, Excel & Power Point in CSC Computer Centre, INDIA)
2. - 2 -
GANESAN SELVAKUMAR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Page No - 02
JOB ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES IN QUALITY CONTROL DEPT:
- Liaise with Reginal Technical Quality Manager with functional link up the project manager.
- Manages the day to day project QC team activities and C-Ordinate with relevant parties to ensure that the
project Pre-Qualification activities are executed on schedule, in a safe and environmental free manner and in
accordance to project and client requirements.
- Ensures that the project complies with tender specifications, client’s requirements and expectations, and the
statutory requirements of Singapore’s building and construction authority.
- Responsible for Co - Ordinate field supervisors and Lead Engineers in relation to Quality related tasks;
- Acts on the ITP approved for the Project and follow up on the Inspection Requirements;
- Attend to Off-Site field inspection of Pre-Fabrication of Structural steel works, Piping Spools, Blasting &
Painting of components & Manufacturing of Pressure Vessels and storage tanks.
- Attests to Surface Preparation, Painting, Pre-Commissioning Activities, Hydro testing, Leak Testing, Purity
Testing, Flushing etc.
- Surveillance to ensure that the Project Piping Quality/Equipment and Documentation are maintained to-date;
- Reports Quality related Site observation report (SOR), Engineering observation report (EOR), Non-
Conformance Reports (NCR) to Project Quality Manager and assist with close out where appropriate;
- According to the ITP, organize an inspection schedule and contract company inspectors for their witnessing,
clearing of the hold joints in accordance of the ITP.
- Review and monitor of contractors QA/QC procedures, method statements and TPI reports .Coordinate and
advice contractor during critical activities or during conflict of codes, specifications and give technical inputs.
Surveillance and hold point stage wise inspection to avoid critical failure, identifying the non-compliance and
proposing corrective and preventive action at the right stage.
- To manage and monitor site activities involving Installations, T&C activities, safety and ensure QA/QC
inspections are carried out as per site requirement/ project specification and Inspection Test Plan (ITP).
- Monitoring of Area punch list completion and Finalizing box-up. Reviewing of test packages and take
Corrective action to clear all NCRs.
- Experienced on High Purity Piping/equipment - Metallic & non-Metallic.
- Monthly Reporting on Project Quality progress activities to Project Manager/Quality Manager.
JOB ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES IN WELDING INSPECTION:
- Material inspection of raw materials, prefabricated materials & review of material certificates to check
compliance with project specifications.
- Witness and verify the sub-contractors WPS, PQR, Welder qualification records & ITP for piping, structural
- Surveillance inspection of welding Parameters.
- Verify the welders qualification and Validation.
- Audits implementation of approved Welding WPS and its related variables for full compliance,
- Witness of Non-destructive Examinations, interpretation of RT films and Review NDE results;
- Witness and verify the records of welder qualifications for the special metals like CARBON STEEL, DUPLEX,
STAINLESS STEEL, ALUMINIUM and DUCTILE IRON,.
- Surveillance Inspection of weld joint fit-up / visual inspection and pipe installation works.
- Weld inspection experience in various welding process like SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, SAW, ORBITAL and
- To check NDE requirements as per approved plan and co-ordinate to welding foreman regarding the Schedule
- Punch Listing of the system and Document.
- Surveillance Inspection of Metallic and Non-metallic piping welding and installation works.
JOB ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES IN COATING INSPECTION:
- Review of documents like job procedures, QCP, painting specifications and procedures etc. for compliance of
the concerned codes and standards, additional requirements as per specification, sequence of activities, coating
scheme and job hazard analysis.
- Monitoring atmospheric conditions: humidity, temperature, dew point.
- Check paint, and abrasive materials and equipment’s condition.
3. - 3 -
GANESAN SELVAKUMAR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Page No - 03
- Responsible for verifying that the coatings applied at site is applied in accordance with the technical
specifications, procedures and manufactures recommendations & each activity as per ITP.
- Surveillance inspection of all pipeline field coating activities
- Inspection of blasting and painting applications of underground pipes and supports in accordance with paint
system specification and manufactures data sheets
- Witness the holiday test on fusion bonded epoxy (FBE, ETFE) coating and repair of holidays in accordance
- Monitor and check Wet film / Dry film requirements as per standard
- Supervise coatings for any paint defects for touch up repair and check the repair procedure and re inspect
- Monitor and Keep updating Inspection tools calibration records etc.
- Identifying areas of quality failures and take steps to rectify the system.
- Blotter test for air contamination perform on site prior to surface preparation as per ASTM D 4285.
- Test for dew point , relative humidity , substrate temperature as per given specification
- Salt test on prepared surface (chloride, sulphate , nitrate )
- Test for surface profile with & without replica tape as per ASTM D 4417 field measurement of surface profile
of blast cleaned steel & surface cleanliness as per SSPC VIS 1 level of cleanliness of abrasive blast cleaned
surface & as per other surface preparation standard like SIS 05 59 00 pictorial standard for surface preparation
by abrasive blasting
- wet film thickness of liquid coating system as per ASTM D 4414 and dry film thickness as per SSPC- PA2,
ASTM D -1186 for coating on steel OR ASTM D- 1400 for coating on stainless steel, aluminum, copper
- Adhesion test(Dolly test for adhesion) as per ASTM D 4541
- Adhesion test(test with tape for adhesion_ as per ASTM D 3359
- Use of pinhole & holyday detector(wet sponge, dry sparkle) for epoxy coating take Ref. from NACE PRO 188
SEPTEMBER 2010 – Till Date, M+W SINGAPORE PTE LTD, SINGAPORE.
Designation: QA/QC ENGINEER.
Environment : Structural Steel / Piping (Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Ductile Iron, PP, PE, PVDF & PVC) fabrication & Installation,
Equipment, Pressure Vessel and Storage Tanks Installation, Welding & Coating Inspection, Testing, Punch list,
Commissioning and Final Project Handover.
Project Name : MICRON FAB10X PROJECT, Singapore.
EVONIK SOAPE Project, Singapore.
GIVUADAN SAPPIRE PROJECT, Singapore.
MEAD JOHNSONS PROJECT, Singapore.
EQUINIX PHASE II, III & IV, Singapore.
SMOE / EKOFISK PROJECT, Singapore.
DLR DATA CENTRE / Phase II, III & IV, Singapore.
IMFLASH FAB10N PROJECT/ BASE BUILD, Singapore.
AUGUST 2008–AUGUST 2010, CH2M HILL SINGAPORE PTE LTD, Singapore.
Position : : QA/QC INSPECTOR
Environment : Structural Steel / Piping fabrication & Installation, Equipment, Installation, Testing, Coating,
Inspection, Punch list, Commissioning & Final Project Handover.
Project Name : NEW WATER INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT
4. - 4 -
GANESAN SELVAKUMAR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Page No - 04
MAR 2005–JULY 2008, KEPPEL SEGHERS ENGINEERING SINGAPORE PTE LTD, Singapore.
Position : QA/QC INSPECTOR.
Environment : Structural Steel / Piping (Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Ductile Iron) fabrication & Installation, Equipment,
Pressure Vessel and Storage Tanks Installation, Welding & Coating Inspection, Testing, Punch list,
Commissioning & Final Project Handover.
Project Name : CHANGI WATER RECLAMATION PLANT
JAN 2004 – FEB 2005, BROADLEY CONSTRUCTION PTE LTD, Singapore.
Position : QC INSPECTOR.
Environment : STRUCTURAL STEEL AND PIPING FABRICATION / ERECTION.
Project Name : CHANGI AIRPORT TERMINAL-3.
JUN 2003 – DEC 2003, HCCL, India.
Position : QC INSPECTOR.
Environment : STRUCTURAL STEEL AND PIPING FABRICATION / ERECTION.
Project Name : KUDUNKULAM NUCLEAR POWER PROJRCT.
- Welding - Blasting
- Testing - Surface Preparation Check
- NDT(RT,MPI,UT,DPI). - Painting
- Quality Assurance - Adhesion / Holiday Testing
- Quality Control. - Coating Failure Analyzes
- M&E Installation works.
- Versed with ASME, ASTM, ASNT, AWS, API, SEMI, BS, DVS, DIN, EN & ISO Specification.
Name : Ganesan Selvakumar
Father’s Name : D. Ganesan
Date of Birth : 03-Mar-1982
Nationality : Indian
Sex : Male
Marital status : Married
Language Known : English & Tamil
I hereby declare that all the details given above are correct and complete to the best of my knowledge & belief.