3. CONTENT PAGE
• Drawing Room
• Dining Area
• Living Area
• Location : 213, Santoor farms, near Narmada canal, Shilaj-thol road, Rancharda, Ahmedabad
• Architect : Yatin Pandya
• Building Type : Residential
• Building Usage: Private residence
5. • fancies of land based living are to be met with
daily conveniences and yet within compact built
• Building orientation with south west for night
time versus north-east for daytime living
• its massing with taller south west and terraced
northeast for mutual shading
• interspersed multiple courtyards for light and
• water feature enveloping the living spaces
along with landscaping for
HOT & DRY
SW - NE
*HOT & DRY
• Temperature: Very hot. 40 degree
Celsius (104 Fahrenheit) or more
• Humidity: Low 10-50%
• Precipitation: Lowest rainfall
• Arid- 35cm (14 inches) per year
• Semiarid- 50cm (20 inches) per
• Sky Conditions: Cloudless skies with
high solar radiation causing glare
• high Diurnal Temperature variation
13. • Entrance is from NORTH side.
• Starts journey with water-body and
• Entry is access to the elements of surprise.
roofs designed in a curvilinear manner,
over the rectilinear habitable spaces
linear punctures have been
imbibed over the façade
Concrete and brick dominates.
disintegrated into several blocks
curvilinear over the rectilinear spaces
alcove detail, the prime signatures of Ar. Yatin Pandya
15. A slanted wall, gives edge to the linear facade, adding another dimension to it.
The materials resonate with the exterior landscaping.
South facing windows are best for
daylighting. They let in the light all
day long, and don’t have as many
problems with glare and heat.
To avoid maximum heat gain
through West Facing window,
the wall is built straight
18. AMOEBA SHAPE POOL
room opens up
to this deck
<< exposed brick feature wall,
with water, vegetation and
cut outs. >>
60% of area
is used in
-multiple water bodies
-a big lawn area
33. The dine area adjoining to the drawing room separated by a bridge connecting the bedrooms on the first level.
- Double heighted dining area.
- Wavy roof provided at the dining.
- Dining area connected with kitchen
- Provided good amount of natural light
for dining area.
34. the traditional aesthetics,
the basin at the dinning
The outdoor lounge
planned adjoining to the
dining area which further
connects to the rear kitchen
36. The bed located in the west direction,
cutting the heat gain with the
- There are total 4 bedrooms.
- Natural lights provided from louvers.
- Private spaces like bedrooms are hidden from main pourch.