7. With a little creativity and organization the cure for unhealthy diets can
also be found on weekends in some parking lots!
8. Parking lots that are not used during the weekend make great sites for Green Markets
(This parking lot becomes a Green Market on Saturdays in New Orleans)
9. COMMUNITY GARDENS
If you agree that people of all ages and types like to engaged in group actions
where community members can meet and decide to improve the surroundings,
then community gardening is for you. There are also huge nutritional and
community engagement benefits this form of gardening…
10. Community Gardens can engage youth in positive activities
and help them to learn lessons for life about: nutrition,
healthy living, community and cooperation.
11. Community Gardens and Green Markets are “cropping-up” everywhere!
In parks, in public spaces, on School yards and YES, even in parking lots!
12. The CRA can help the community to start developing healthy lifestyles
by fostering Community Gardens and Greenmarkets
13. The message is simple: good,
nutritious, locally available
foods are essential!
AND clearly, the alternatives to healthy diets are just not very attractive!!!