What is 5G?
5G simply refers to the next and newest mobile wireless
standard based on the IEEE 802.11ac standard of
broadband technology. Rather than faster Internet
connection speeds, 5G aims at a higher capacity than
current 4G LTE, allowing a higher number of mobile
broadband users per area unit, and allowing consumption
of data quantities in gigabyte per second.
Features of 5G technology
● High & increased peak bit rate (Up to 10Gbps connections to
endpoints in the field)
● Larger data volume per unit area (i.e. high system spectral
● High capacity to allow more devices connectivity concurrently
and instantaneously (100 percent coverage)
● More bandwidth
● Lower battery consumption
How does 5G work?
● In 5G, the network service area is divided
into small geographical areas called cells.
● All the 5G wireless devices in a cell
communicate by radio waves with a local
antenna and low power automated
transceiver (transmitter and receiver) in
Worldwide deployment of 5G
● South Korea was the first country to implement 5G in April 2019.
● The 4 major carriers AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon have
launched low-band spectrum 5G services at the end of 2019 across
several states of USA.
● Philippines was the first country in Southeast Asia to start 5G network
after Globe Telecom commercially launched its 5G data plans to
customers in June 2019.
● China, United Kingdom, Japan, Australia and Germany have also
implemented the 5G network.
5G in India
● Major Telecom companies like Reliance Jio with Samsung,
Vodafone Idea with Ericsson and Airtel with Nokia are
developing an effective way to deploy 5G environment in India.
● The TRAI has researched that the 3300-3400 MHz and 3400-3600
MHz bands in the country suit for the 5G.
● 5G network is expected to be launched till end of 2021 in India.
● Samsung Galaxy S20, Motorola Edge Plus and Xiaomi Mi 10
Pro are the few smartphones launched in India supporting 5G
5G Wireless Technology is more intelligent technology,
which will interconnect the entire world without limits. It is
designed to provide unbelievable and extraordinary data
capabilities, unhindered call volumes, and vast data
broadcast. Moreover, governments and regulators can
use this technology as an opportunity for good
governance and can create healthier environments,
which will definitely encourage continuing investment in
5G, the next-generation technology.
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.