O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
When I began the Preliminary Task I had never before operated a
camera. For both tasks I used a Canon EOS 550D camera. During the
Preliminary Task I learnt basic manoeuvres such as turning the
device on and off, switching between different camera modes as
well as manual zoom and focus.
The tripod was also a new challenge when setting up and added a
new dimension to our footage with pans and tilts.
In addition to equipment we tried to include as many techniques in
the Prelim Task as we could, using a variety of shot types,
including a shot-reverse-shot sequence.
Editing was also new territory. We learnt the basics during the
Prelim Task, such as trimming dailies and sequencing them in
We filmed multiple takes and this allowed us to be able to pick
the best takes we had available.
We also experimented with various effects, colour corrections and
transitions, but we thought it best to keep the project simple. We
incorporated fades at the start and end of the sequence and
dissolve transitions to signify the passing of time.
The sound editing was also somewhat basic, as we lowered the
ambient sound of the wind and overlaid our music track.
Once finished, we went through the upload process on YouTube also
for the first time.
We ran into issues with time and experience. We were unable to
distort the soundtrack like originally planned. We initially
wanted to change the music when the protagonist walked into the
room, to make it sound like it was being played out of speaker
inside of the room. However this was not possible.
We also wanted to fill the café with other students, acting as
extras, to make the location serve its purpose better.
There was also some oversights in terms of light and sound, which
were only somewhat rectifiable in post-production. One half of the
shot-reverse-shot was overly saturated due to excessive natural
light. Both actors’diologues were affected due to the ambient
noise of appliances in the background.
Looking back, these problems could have been solved with extra
planning, artificial lighting and a separate microphone. This was
taken into account for my final product.
My use of the camera was quite basic during the Preliminary Task.
Before filming my final product I researched into manual settings
that could enhance my footage. By the end of this foundation
portfolio, I am now able to manually set the white balance and can
competently manoeuvre the manual zoom and focus.