1. Eric McKinnEy
1 Cedar Elm Circle Allen TX 75002
Cell phone: (972) 522-8272
Seeking a challenging career with an aggressive organization that will utilize
my education, technical skills and work ethic in the fields of product and staff
management and operations.
• 10+ years of computer related skills specifically in repair, diagnostic and
custom PC builds for regular home use, and the gaming industry.
• Exceptional organizational skills demonstrating self-motivation, creativity,
and initiative to achieve both personal and corporate goals.
• Outstanding success in building and maintaining relations with customers
utilizing excellent communication skills and thorough follow-up.
• Anxious and eager to take on new tasks and enthusiastic about learning
• Newman Smith High School Class of 2002
• Advanced Pre College English Classes
• Advanced Computer Science Classes
• IBM Certified
• Apple Certification (on hiatus)
• CompTIA A+ Certified
• Hardware Assembly Certified
• Certified VM Operator (Visual Manufacturing)
• Chemical & Hazmat Training
• FOD/FOE and FO Training
• ESD Training
• Extensive Blueprint & Drawing Comprehension
• Electrical Training
2. • Laser Safety
• Lead Safety
• Gas Compression Safety
• Extensive solder training
Professional Work History:
April 2014 to January 2015 Hewlett Packard
901 Main Street Dallas, TX 75202
Supervisor: Jim McCullough / Rod Johnson
Global Technology & Operations Manager
Technology infrastructure for operations and support services for problem and
incident management. Responsible for handling any and all hardware related
issues for all Bank of America branches after hours for the entire United
• Order and receive parts for hardware being sent in for repair,
repaired any hardware coming into service depot as well as on call
• Contact customer site to ensure proper setup of hardware and to
ensure logistics procedures were followed to BOA Specification.
• Kept and maintained a 98% hardware diagnosis and return rating
with HP parts site.
• Cataloged and database all hardware coming into as well as each
client those units were tied to under sharepoint.
• Cataloged all hardware going out for warranty and coming back
• Maintained and practiced security protocols set by BOA standards.
July 2013 to April 2014 Global Asset
1815 monetary Lane Carrollton, TX 75006
Supervisor: Zane Calvin Cell: (214)397-2079 Work (972) 695-8600
Break fix Manager & Government Site Technician
3. Responsible for lead over break fix department, and field service work. All
work involved HP and IBM hardware as well as Apple,these jobs may include
government facility, private corporation and private or public schools.
• Order and receive parts into break fix department.
• become certified and update certifications for multiple computer
companies on a regular basis.
• oversee and plan schedules for all technicians in this
department and what locations they will be visiting for repairs
• working out on field with technicians and training them on
proper PC repair procedures.
• visit customer sites and perform non customary work to fulfill
personal requests to each staff member when working on calls,
such as personal PCs requests and preferences on how they
should be using the PC.
• Long distance traveling to customer sites for repairs.
• update call database and financial database to provide accurate
information on how break fix was performing financially.
January 2009 to July 2013 M&A Technologies
2045 Chenault Dr. Carrollton, TX
Supervisor: Richard Hopman Cell: (469)831-6825 Work: (972)490-5803
Corporate Site Contractor
Responsible for going to home office and picking up new assignments and
logging findings and results on personal and large commercial database,
taking supplies out to military, residential, or commercial sites and fixing any
range of office related issue, original job has changed from site technician to
dedicated on site repair consultant.
• Keep large supplies of parts in vehicle for any onsite job and
• Wide array of knowledge and repair skills on most printers and
scanners from all sizes including, HP, Brother, and Lexmark.
• Knowledge on building scanners and printers from the ground
• On site diagnostics and repair of PCs and laptops.
• Network and server diagnostics and repair.
• Now responsible and contributed to multimillion dollar contracts
in the area of Rockwall of over 4000 laptops, currently the only
dedicated site tech requested by name in currently contracts.
4. • Control all laptop programs in the Rockwall area for a RWISD
spanning across all schools.
• Diagnose and repair all units and currently work with Fujitsu,
Intel, Toshiba, Lenovo & ASUS to keep customer happy.
• Currently perform soldering jobs on out of warranty computers
where recyclable parts can be used.
• Perform network imaging for laptops across servers.
October 2008 to January 2009 Firedog Headquarters
Ft. Worth, TX
Supervisor: Dan Paulson (877) 650-9095 (EXT) 306
Laptop Line Repair & Assembly
Responsible for accepting in laptops that firedog store fronts in circuit cities
across the US couldn’t fix due to deeper complication, customers were not
called during these operations due to the fact that by the time they reached
warehouse level they were warranty issues.
• Inspecting incoming hardware for problems through diagnostics
before opening unit for repair
• Using software diagnostic tools to fix any and all problems
preemptively before unit was repaired
• Replacing main board hardware and recoding or retooling units
after repair operation.
• Must diagnose, repair and complete at least 12 laptop units a
day as per quota.
• Virus troubleshooting and data backup if original OS was too
• Data mining, software trial and acquisition.
MAY 2008 to October 2008- Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems
2501 W University Dr, McKinney, TX 75071
Supervisor: Carmel Ramos (972) 952-6860
Mentor: Cecelia Roach (972) 952-6884
Circuit Card Assembler
Responsible for proper assembly of many various military grade hardware
that was requested and ordered by the customer in our department, and
helping to keep the shop in a constant Category 1 FOD Level Area.
5. • Inspecting hardware before going into “next phase” so less
complication would occur down the line.
• Adjusting implemented hardware to size once installed into
• Used Room Temperature Vulcanization methods on many flex
boards and main-boards for use in live field operation avoiding
any FOD to occur during normal operation.
• Performed Coat-mask/De-mask operations on boards in factory
to prepare for final steps.
• Installing multiple types of various sized hard-ware on a variety
of boards for multiple CCA Shop Projects.
• Have used and am aware of operations with Microscope
September 2006 to May 2008- Pegasus Computer Center (HTI)
2700 Potomac Mills Cir, Woodbridge, VA 22192
Supervisor: Pei-Yan Wang (703) 497-5800
Computer Technician/ Systems Analyst
Backbone for company repairs, builds any custom work needed by company,
responsible for ordering and keeping tracking of all company supply parts.
• Fulfill clientele system requirements needs and build to
• Over the phone technical assistance and walk-through of
past , current, and future operating systems
• Local house calls to businesses and home locations for
system diagnostics and repair
• Complete ground-up high performance system builds for
• Diagnostics repair and data recovery on clientele systems
• Complete rebuild of laptop portable devices
• Software programming and system configuration
• Internal hardware repair and configuration of motherboards,
processors, and GPUs.
• Tactical Removal and knowledge of Viruses and Spyware,
as well as after operations consultations with clientele on
how to better handle security on their own systems.
6. February 2005 to September 2006 - Golden Tech Computers
14281 Potomac Mills Rd, Woodbridge, VA 22192
Supervisor: Steven Taft (703) 499-9292
Sales / Technician
Checking out customers at the service counter, making custom orders from
our warehouse to deliver to the customer, execute and test computer
hardware and programs, often checking computer parts, piece by piece to
insure the computer part is working properly, and “posting” motherboard for
manufacturer defects before customer purchases the product.
• Custom designs and build computers based on customer’s
specifications and needs
• Mentions and recommends needed parts for upgrades and
• Maintaining excellent customer service
• Check-in computer repairs and perform some repairs
• Keep all stores computers operating systems fully functional
• Unload new hardware and restock electronics
• Video game tester on new systems and repaired systems
July 2003 to October 2005 – Block Buster Videos, Inc.
17064 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Dumfries, VA 22026
Supervisor: Tom Demma (703) 221-2399
Taking accurate inventory control, managing and training new employees,
Being responsible for the deposits, stocking up on new videos, overseeing
that all duties are being completed and store goals are exceedingly met.
• Outstanding customer service and building relations
• Making sure all the electronic devices such as security
cameras, monitoring systems, computers in the store are
properly working and up to date
• Consult customers over the phone with technical issues
such as S-video cords and appliance
• Fix hardware such as DVD players, DVDs and computers.
7. • Superior sales ability –recognized as Top Seller of the Week
on numerous occasions-selling movie passes and rewards
program to customers
October 2001 to April 2002 - Game Stop, Inc.
2201 I-35e SouthSuite #l-18Denton, Texas 76205
Supervisor: Doyle Maston (940) 566-6650
Game Advisor/Sales Consultant
• Seasonal employee
• Assisting the customers by giving them advice on game playing and
which were the best games and consoles to purchase.
• Building customer relations and getting many repeat customers due to
the excellent customer serviced that I provided them.
October 1997 to March 1999 – Strawn Construction Atlanta, TX
Supervisor: Tommy Strawn (903)846-2203
• Family operated business
• Fabricated and constructed (add-ons) to clients houses.
• Renovated severely damaged housing units.
• Completely remodeled entire residential units.
• Assisted in interior plumbing installations.
Personal Work History:
2001 to Current- Privatized PC & Laptop repair
1 Cedar Elm Circle Allen TX 75002
Currently a part time entrepreneur
At home PC technician
Job currently entails contacting clients and providing technician support
away from corporate based technical support at my home shop or even
at the clients place of living, while at the same time being able to provide
an accurate operational environment for setting up a mobile shop to fix their
personal computers from.
8. Form of service ranges from but not limited to, simple desktop interface
Augmentations to conformal laptop soldering operations, those tasks involve
work such as re-soldering key components that affects how well the laptop
will work or even if it will work at all, I have a non-fail success rate with
• Microsoft Office Word
• Power Point
• Outlook Express
• Windows XP Professional/Windows XP Home Edition
• Windows Vista 32Bit/64Bit
• Windows 7 32Bit/64Bit
• Internet Explorer
• HP Gallery (digital image processor and printer)
• Capable of typing 55+ wpm
• Hands on experience in building computers (I built my first one in
January 2005 and it was a $3000 investment)
• Taking “private” contracts in building computers and fixing
computers brought to me using only bare manuals provided in the
parts, successfully building from the ground up.
• Ability to perform hands-on projects including but not limited to
carpentry, (wood working) construction, roof installation, home
remodeling and painting, up keep maintenance and repair.
• Accomplished Moderate soldering skills in through hole & surface
mount technology, am able to perform demonstration and have
samples of work.