2. What is Educational Technology?
Educational Technology is the field of study that investigates the process of analyzing, designing,
developing, implementing, and evaluating the instructional environment, learning materials,
learners, and the learning process in order to improve teaching and learning.
Why is Educational Technology in Education Important?
Educational technology in education is important because it helps today’s teachers to integrate new
technologies and tools into their classrooms. Teachers are able to upgrade and improve the
learner-centeredness of their classroom. It enables teachers to engage their students in unique, innovative, and
equitable ways. Teachers are also able to expand their network and connect with other teachers and educators
nationally and globally.
3. What are the basic concepts in educational technology
and what are the different types of educational
Let us define first what education is.
The process whereby learning is facilitated or where
there is an acquisition of knowledge, various skill
sets, or even various morals and values and which
results in one’s personality development is called
What education does is,
it tries to bring out the best in individuals both
understanding-wise and at a deeper more intrinsic level.
This is step one in understanding the basic concepts in
educational technology and the basic concepts of
technology for teaching and learning.
4. •The concept of technology is the
incorporation of a science or study of a
specific art or skill. When the two terms are
merged there are multiple interpretations
that are born. One of the best ways to throw
light on the basic concepts in educational
technology is to look at the different
interpretations of these two terms when
5. Types of Educational Technology
•One way of looking at the terms education and technology is to look
at the provision of technology for educational purposes. Here
either one is provided with technical instruments or electronic
devices like computers for the purpose of education.
The second way to understand types of educational technology
and education and technology is via the involvement of various
scientific principles in the field of education.
6. Types of Educational Technology
• The third way to look at the two terms is to think of an amalgamation where both the first way and the
second way are merged, and one gets a better output.
•This means there is a more practical application of systems or what is known as technology to the field of
education. In such circumstances, all the stakeholders involved benefit from it.
7. Basic Concepts in Educational Technology
and Objectives of Educational Technology
•What are the basic concepts in educational technology and what are the types of educational technology?
▪ when talking about the basic concepts in educational
technology and basic concepts of technology for teaching
and learning is to understand what the objectives of
educational technology are. There are multiple objectives of
8. What are the basic concepts in educational
The primary objective of educational technology is always to improve
the quality of education or how knowledge is disseminated.
The way this is enabled is to improve the overall learning experience
of the learner.
This can be achieved by inspiring new pathways of higher thinking and
better thinking in terms of creativity and innovation in the learner.
9. •The knowledge about basic concepts in educational
technology and basic concepts of technology for teaching
and learning is incomplete without looking at the various
objectives of educational technology.
These can be categorized into
• Macro objectives of educational technology, and
• 2. Micro objectives of educational technology.
10. Macro objectives of educational
• At a community level, identify the
educational requirements of the
community at large.
• To design a curriculum that would have a
healthy mixture and inclusion of science,
arts, and human values
• To generate suitable systems and tools
which would support educational purposes
• To manage the end-to-end aspects of the
complete education system which will
mean development and execution to
application and assessment.
11. Micro objectives of educational
To identify the educational
requirements of each individual
To fix and mention the specific
behavioral classroom objectives
To identify the accessible instruction
and knowledge resources and
To provide feedback to both teachers
and students if there is any
requirement for change in the existing
teaching and learning procedure.
12. Basic Concepts in
•“Taking our discussion on what are the basic
concepts in educational technology? Technology has
single-handedly brought out a revolution of sorts,
especially in education.
•The children are every bit the digital nomads that
they are described to be. And for the simple reason
that the current generation is brought up
technology-savvy, education with technology is easily
13. Basic Concepts in Educational Technology and
Importance of Educational Technology
The importance of educational technology is realized in the fact that it brings the learner close to
education and the learner becomes a joyful part of the teaching-learning exercise. The core objectives
of the teaching-learning exercise are achieved thus.
• What are the basic concepts in educational technology? The importance of educational
technology is in the ability to jump over the limitations presented by traditional learning systems
and mechanisms. For example, there is a limit to the content provided by learning resources like
textbooks. With technology, students can be provided a wide bouquet of resources that can be
accessed with ease.
• Another importance of educational technology and the benefit it provides is achieved when the
student is provided an easy link with the school. The technology plays the role of a bridge
whereby the student gets access to not just the teaching-learning resources, it provides a
platform for students to connect, interact, learn and even practice the learning.
14. •The provision of gadgets to students helps teachers
create a flipped classroom, which is such an important
aspect of modern education. The concept of
experiential education has become a reality thanks to
hand-held gadgets, 3D movies, and easy access to
information that can be accessed by students with the
click of a button. This is yet another importance of
•For bringing in basic concepts of technology for
teaching and learning institutions should do away with
the old ways of imparting education and bring in the
latest technology-based education system.
15. Basic Concepts in Educational Technology and Types of Educational Technology
Basic concepts of technology for teaching and learning offer numerous alternatives and types of
Synchronous means teaching and learning which happens simultaneously
within a virtual classroom or over other tech-enabled platforms or such
other platforms that can make students discuss jointly and use the chat
room for collaborations.
Asynchronous means teaching and learning is not done in real-time. The
students have access to educational resources and pursue knowledge
acquisition at one’s own pace. The resources are either blogs, emails, and
discussion boards among others.
The first type of educational technology is Synchronous and Asynchronous learning systems. The basic
concept in educational technology being offered here is that learning is not limited to the inside of a
classroom. Learning can take place both inside and outside the classroom. All it needs is a willing student
and an enabling technology
16. The second type of educational technology is Linear Learning.
Here the student makes use of computer-enabled video
teaching-learning resources over mobile applications or web
browsers to access content and learn at their own pace.
The third type of educational technology is collaborative
learning and another innovation in the modern educational
space. Collaborative learning offers learners the opportunities
to explore numerous areas collectively. What works as an
advantage in these types of educational technology is that
learners are able to delve together, analyze cases, share
information, and provide ideas.
17. Some of the 10 concepts of Technological education are high potential innovations being
1. Mobile learning: Out of the 10 concepts of technological education nothing has
revolutionized the world of education more than personal devices like smartphones and
tablets that students bring to the classroom. Some educational institutions also provide
students with devices that are solely used for educational purposes.
2. Blended learning: This is a concept that has been widely accepted thanks to the ongoing
pandemic. This takes the 10 concepts of technological education to another level as teachers
and educators can give the whole digital learning a trial run with a few digital activities in their
3. Learning for differently-abled: Alternative input devices and screen readers provide a perfect
balance to differently-abled learners by hand holding them through the teaching-learning
systems. This is one of the most important concepts out of the 10 concepts of technological
Basic Concepts in Educational Technology and 10
Concepts of Technological Education
18. Basic Concepts in Educational Technology
and 10 Concepts of Technological Education
Some of the 10 concepts of Technological education are high potential innovations being adopted worldwide.
4. Lamp and Sensory enhancers: Once again aimed at the differently-abled learners, these
innovations are part of the 10 concepts of technological education that once again provide an
even footing to learners with learning difficulties.
5. Learning analytics: The world has moved to data mining. Everything from the time a student
remains in a lecture to tracking student performance and initiatives both in class and outside has
helped many educators.
6. Online grading systems: This not only helps keep the data of the students at a single location,
it is a ready reckoner for parents wanting to track the performance of their wards.
7. LMS: commonly known as the learning management systems, these innovative tools have
single-handedly changed the way teaching-learning is exercised world over..
19. Basic Concepts in Educational Technology and 10 Concepts of
Some of the 10 concepts of Technological education are high potential innovations being
8. OPEN CONTENT: EVERY MAJOR UNIVERSITY
WORTH ITS WEIGHT IN SALT TODAY HAS
DEVELOPED MOOCS OR WHAT IS KNOWN AS
MASSIVE OPEN ONLINE COURSES, WHERE
KNOWLEDGE DISSEMINATION HAPPENS AT SUCH
A HUGE SCALE WITH A LEARNER BASE SPREAD
9. GAMIFICATION: NOTHING WORKS BETTER
THAN APPLYING FUN TO THE WHOLE
TEACHING-LEARNING EXERCISE. GAMIFICATION
HELPS IN SUCH CASES.
10. MULTIMEDIA INCORPORATION: MANY TOPICS
CAN EASILY BE DISCUSSED WITH THE HELP OF
VARIOUS MULTIMEDIA PLATFORMS AND
CONTENT. THIS ALSO HELPS STUDENTS
UNDERSTAND CONCEPTS BETTER.
20. In summary, basic concepts in educational
technology have a far-reaching effect in the field
of learning and are set to bring in more