1. Ellis Baumer
E-mail: email@example.com, Mobile: (407) 462-4998, Phone: (407) 522-2825
20 year retired United States Air Force veteran. Provide new and existing customers, highly detailed
quotes for the installation of Structured Cabling Systems, to include voice, video, data and fiber optic
cabling, while having the well-established ability to envision the finished product and provide personal
customer service to each client. Well-developed and highly experienced Project Manager / Low Voltage
Estimator. Skilled in project cost estimating, contract negotiations, managing project budgets, and
managing structured cabling installations. Develop low voltage structured cabling systems, wiring
designs for copper, coaxial and fiber optic cabling, and manage voice / data / video cable
troubleshooting. Seeking Project Manager/Low Voltage Estimator position that will utilize my diverse
technical skills and afford an opportunity for continued learning experiences.
Low Voltage Cable Estimating, Project Management, Managing Project Budgets, Networking,
Purchasing, Business Development, Hiring Personnel, Contract Negotiation, Contract Management,
General Management Skills, Instructor, On the Job Safety Inspector, Quality Control Manager and Team
* Skilled in research and planning, seeking specific information with the ability to visualize future
needs and solutions for meeting those needs.
* Well-adapted to express, transmit, interpret thoughts and ideas to others, and work well in small
and large groups.
* Supervised, directed, and guided up to 20 individuals and small groups in the completion of
tasks and the fulfillment of specific goals.
* Managed and resolved multiple conflicts using well-developed interpersonal skills and
facilitating techniques relating to and helping others.
Chief Estimator/Airport Operations Manager
Period: September 2015 to Present
As Chief Estimator, I am responsible for prospecting for new bidding opportunities for jobs requiring
low voltage cabling, to include voice, data, fiber, CCTV, access control, WAP and CATV. Responsible
for managing cabling crew operations at the Orlando International Airport. Brought in over $2.5 million
in sales in first year, providing 250% increase in billable jobs.
Estimating, Project Management, Managed Project Budgets, Purchasing, Hiring Personnel, Contract
Negotiation, Contract Management, General Management Skills
2. Lead Estimator, Global One Networks, LLC, Orlando, FL
Period: July 2014 to August 2015
* Review prints, specifications, statements of work and do on-site surveys to determine what the
customer requires to satisfy their voice and data cabling needs.
* Help to train students in the requirements and standards that need to be followed, along with hands on
experience, to develop skills required to become a telecom technician.
* Successfully bid and won $1.9 million dollar Orlando International Airport Telecommunications
Contract for the Ticket Lobby Program, which renovated old and constructed new Communications
* Cost Estimating, Project Management, Communications Infrastructure Design and Engineering,
Instructor, On the Job Safety Inspector, Quality Control and Team Leader, Materials Management.
Project Manager / Estimator, Wiring Technologies, Inc., Altamonte Springs, FL
Period: 2004 - 2013
* Provided new and existing customers, highly detailed quotes for the installation of Structured Cabling
Systems, to include voice, video, data and fiber optic cabling, while comprehensively having the ability
to envision the finished product and provide personal customer service to each client.
* Skilled in research and planning, seeking specific information with the ability to visualize future needs
and solutions for meeting those needs.
* Estimated large multi-million dollar bids/quotes up to $9 million dollars, down to small Time &
Material quotes, up to $10 thousand dollars, while calculating labor, material costs and the time frame
necessary to complete the job.
* Prepared detailed labor and material cost estimates based upon statements of work, specifications,
detailed drawings, required materials, and other costing information to determine the price of products
and services, all prepared on complex MS Excel spreadsheets.
* Developed detailed estimates to provide our Operations Manager the ability to plan, organize and
schedule technicians, while working with the customer, other managers and suppliers to help prevent
any scheduling issues.
Quality Assurance Evaluator / Telephone Management, 14th Communications Squadron,
Columbus AFB, MS
Period: 2001 - 2004
* Primary Quality Assurance Evaluator, managed $685 thousand dollar Base Telephone contract,
inspected on-site installations, resulting in no write-ups or technical deficiencies over 3 year period.
* Introduced and implemented Base level telecommunications standard, accepted at Headquarters level
as the key document for others to follow and was hand-picked as lead professional telecommunications
consultant and subject matter expert.
3. * Managed and resolved multiple conflicts using well-developed interpersonal skills and facilitating
techniques relating to and helping others.
* Managed installation and personally maintained Base level telecommunications database and firewall,
maintained 99.99% uptime.
Supply Manager / Telephone Systems Project Manager, 325th Communications Squadron,
Tyndall AFB, FL
Period: 1998 - 2001
* Restructured $1 million-dollar telephone supply system, saved over $100 thousand dollars in
equipment and materials, received outstanding rating during a local Base level inspection.
* Developed and implemented in-depth local telecommunications standard, used at Base level facility
design meetings, incorporated structured communications cabling design specifications into initial
building designs, saving countless hours of architectural redesign.
* Conceptualized structured cabling system for U.S Air Force F/A-22 Aircraft Training Facility,
enabling pilots’ state-of-the-art combat simulation training, to be performed over a new high speed fiber
and copper communication network, facilitating 100% enhanced war fighter capability.
Telephone Systems Technician / Project Manager, 30th Communications Squadron, Vandenberg
Period: 1992 - 1998
* Designed structured cabling system for Western Space Launch Control Center Facility, saved over $15
thousand dollars in architectural design costs for a 1,000 plus drop fiber optic and copper cabling
* Well-adapted to express, transmit, interpret thoughts and ideas to others, and work well in small and
* Hand-picked to initiate new Telephone Systems Project Manager position at Base level, saving over
$2 million dollars in communications network cabling costs in the first year.
* Managed three teams of technicians during the installation and maintenance of base level
communications systems and cabling infrastructure to base personnel.
Education and Skills
Community College of the Air Force
Telecommunications, Voice/Data Cabling Infrastructure Design, Project Management, Estimator