O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Join the always-thought provoking Chris Morgan for an update on the current state of the containerized IT landscape and how Red Hat and Dynatrace are transforming the current approach, leading the way to a self driving IT.
Global Technical Director,
Self-driving IT is here, and it's
Self-Driving IT is Here and It’s Real
CHRIS MORGAN | @CMorganRedHat
GLOBAL TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, OPENSHIFT ECOSYSTEM
ENABLING DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
Containers are core to customer's journey to Self-driving IT
New ways of developing,
More agile process
across both IT and
Modernize existing and
build new cloud-based
WHAT ARE CONTAINERS?
● Isolated application processes on a
shared Linux OS kernel
● Simpler, lighter, and denser than virtual
● Portable across different environments
● Package my application and all of
● Deploy to any environment in seconds
and enable CI/CD
● Easily access and share containerized
IT DEPENDS WHO YOU ASK
TECHNICAL VALUE OF CONTAINERS
DEVELOPERS, OPERATORS, HYBRID CLOUD
● Build Modern Apps
● Simplified Packaging
● Large OSS Community
● Greater HW Efficiency
● Hybrid Cloud Portability
● Self-Service Platforms
Ensuring the foundation is in place
CONTAINER CONTAINER CONTAINER
LINUX CONTAINER HOST (KERNEL)
APP APP APP
Linux OS host
Linux is in
CONTAINERS ARE LINUX
Red Hat Enterprise Linux is the
foundation and Red Hat OpenShift
brings it to life!
ONE OWNER, SINGLE CLOUD,
MARKET EVOLUTION (2011-2017)
THE INDUSTRY IS CONVERGING ON KUBERNETES
FOR CONTAINER ORCHESTRATION
(Cloud Foundry Diego, Nomad,
2 YEARS AGO
Red Hat bet early on Kubernetes. It has now become the dominant orchestration ecosystem
DEUTSCHE BANK - Technology Transformation
“Delivering Everything as a Service. From 20% adoption to
40% in 1yr; planning to move 85% of all applications to
OpenShift platform. We won the hearts and minds of
developers.” -- Pat Healy, CTO, Deutsche Bank
● Macro trends are radically reshaping the banking industry
● Need to regain software expertise that was previously outsourced
● OpenShift replaced an internal, homegrown PaaS platform
● Over 300 internal projects moved to OpenShift
● 6x better efficiency of computing resources using containers and
OpenShift. Driving overall utilization up via multi-tenancy.
● Leverage OpenShift across multiple public clouds.
Ideas to Production, safely in a day.
View the Deutsche Bank keynote
OPTUM - Digital Transformation Journey
“Speed to Value” is one of our new business metrics. We’re
now delivering application updates monthly or weekly. It’s
about changing the operating model.” -- John Hodgson, Sr.
● Technology arm of UnitedHealthcare Group (Fortune #6)
● 250k employees, 10k developers
● Redefining how software is used for healthcare
● Over 4000 applications on OpenShift
● 20+ Mission Critical applications on OpenShift, including all links
to 3rd-party health providers
● Deploying new SaaS applications to over 19k desktops
● Moving from private data centers to Hybrid Cloud
● Building “Cloud Scaffolding” (push-button-infrastructure) for
developers, in partnership with Red Hat Open Innovation Labs
● Technology Development Program hired 17 developers in 2009,
which grew to 1600 developers in 2016.
View the Optum keynote & view theCube interview
BMW GROUP - Evolving the Connected Car
Digital customer experience, connected and automated
driving and digitalized business processes lead to a
transformation of the BMW Group towards software and
● Global manufacturer of luxury automobiles, motorcycles and
engines. “The Ultimate Driving Machine”.
● Evolving in-vehicle communications and telematics for 15yrs.
● OpenShift platform enables BMW ConnectedDrive service.
● Enables Electric Cars, Service Calls, Real-Time Traffic,
Driving Assistance, Autonomous Cars.
● Moving from Monolithic applications to Microservices,
Containers and Kubernetes.
Read the press release and view Red Hat Summit presentation.