1. How to Introduce
Prof. Laxmikant S. Dhamande
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Sanjivani College of Engineering, Kopargaon
2. A Guideline to Self-Introduction
(1) Wishes: It is the first thing, you have to do in your speech,
• At this point only you have to try to grab the attention of the
• You have to wish depending upon the time, either “Good Morning,
Good Afternoon or Good Evening”.
• You can wish in different ways to grab the attention of the audience.
• Good morning! My Dear Friends.
• Good Morning! Ladies and Gentleman.
(2) Purpose: We have to tell the purpose, why we have came in front
of the audience.
• We can say, “ I have came here to tell you about myself or i have
came here to tell you about one of the Great Personality of the
Century, he is none other than it’s me…”
3. A Guideline to Self-Introduction
(3) Name: Here you have to tell about your name….
• To grab the attention of audience, you have to present your name
• If you know you can tell the meaning of your name or any famous
celebrity with your name.
(4) Father’s Name: Here you have to mention about your father’s
• Start your father name as “Mr. or Prof. or Dr.”
(5) Family: It is the Great Opportunity to tell about your family, so tell
the details what you want to tell about them.
(6) Profession: Tell about your profession, what you are doing at
4. A Guideline to Self-Introduction
(7) Location: Tell about your present location, where you are staying and if
you want you can also tell with whom you are living.
• You can also tell about you native place.
• It is better to describe or tell about your place which is famous for.
(8) Hobbies/ Habits : Hobby means what you would like to do in your leisure
• Habit means your regular activities.
• This part tells about your nature and your life style, so be careful while
• In Interviews, they will again ask questions regarding your habits and
hobbies. So be careful and try to tell your real hobby.
(9) Life Aim: Tell about what is your life aim, it will be good if your life aim
• You have to think high and you have try to reach high.
(10) Achievements: Tell about what you have achieved up to now, minimum it
is good to say 3 achievements and best to have 5 and above.
• Though the achievements are small, tell them, it shows your confidence but
don't say, i don't have any achievements.
5. A Guideline to Self-Introduction
(11) Favorite Persons or Ideal Persons: It is good to say about
you favorite or Ideal Persons.
(12) Favorite Movies, things, color, place, etc.,:
• If you want you can tell your favorites, which tells about your
tastes and preferences to others.
(13)Your Strength and Weakness: You can tell about your
Strengths and weakness. In an interview, the weakness you
will tell should be the Strength for that Company.
(14) People you Like and Dislike: Here you have to tell “what
kind of people you like and what kind of people you dislike”.
6. A Guideline to Self-Introduction
(15) Any Turning point in your life, which changed you.
(16) How are you Different from Others?
(17) Conclusion: In conclusion, offer a memorable answer on the question
the listeners probably will have when they listen to your public speaking
speech: what's in it for me? Tell how this aspect of your life makes who
you are and what you are. It will be the perfect ending of your self
(18) Finally say Thank You.
• You have to adjust your speech according to the time, generally 3 minutes
and you have to make the speech depending on the what section of
people you are giving the speech and what you want to reveal about
• Then it will be an Excellent speech…….