1. How to improve Comprehensive
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Sanjivani College of Engineering, Kopargaon
• To improve Comprehensive Reading Skills of
• Reading comprehension is the process of
constructing meaning from text.
• The goal of all reading instruction is ultimately
targeted at helping a reader comprehend text.
• Reading comprehension involves at least two
people: the reader and the writer.
• The process of comprehending involves decoding
the writer's words and then using background
knowledge to construct an approximate
understanding of the writer's message.
1. Continuously assess progress in learning, make
specific instructional accommodations to meet
individual student's needs, and provide
individualized and elaborated feedback.
2. A reading comprehension skill is a developed
ability to construct meaning effectively,
immediately, and effortlessly with little conscious
3. Reading assignments will help students develop
and practice skills and strategies.
4. It helps students to become skilled in the use of
the strategy so that it is unconsciously
4. Types of Questions
1. Key Idea questions-idea,purpose,title,mainly
2. Side issue Questions- what author says
3. Logical questions –specific details
4. Basic approach questions- authors attitude
5. Inferential Questions- It can be inferred from
5. How to read the passage
1. Read the passage by keeping in mind
2. Key Idea questions, Side issue Questions,
Logical questions, Basic approach questions-
authors attitude, Inferential Questions
3. It is required that you should understand the
passage in one reading, have good
4. Practice by reading editorial of newspaper,
put the paper aside and recall.
6. How to conduct activity
• Any suggestions?
• Take Revision of last activity conducted
• Explain the importance of comprehensive
reading skill(15 Min)
• Give them assignment on as one paragraph
and ask to write the answers to the following
by reading it.
• Main Idea of passage, Attitude of writer, What
author says, Author does not says, Title of the
passage with reason.(20 Min)
7. How to conduct activity
• Discussion on paragraph and to check their
• Take another assignment (20 Min)
• Discussion on paragraph to check their
• Mentee personal skill presentation(+15=90
• Remaining time( +20= 110Min) for result
preparation and planning of next activity.