O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
• Any vehicle will at one time be parked short time or longer time,
provision of parking facilities is essential
• need for parking spaces is usually very great in areas of business,
residential, or commercial activities.
• Providing adequate parking space to meet the demand for parking
in the Central Business District (CBD)
• This problem usually confronts a city traffic engineer.
• solution is not simple, Parking studies are used to determine the
demand for and the supply of parking facilities.
On-Street Parking Facilities
• It is also known as curb facilities. Parking bays are provided
alongside the curb on one or both sides of the street.
• unrestricted parking.
• unlimited and free.
• Restricted parking facilities.
• limited to specific times for a maximum duration.
• may or may not be free.
• handicapped parking
• bus stops
• loading bays.
On – street or Kerb Parking
1. Parallel Parking
2. 30 degree parking
3. 45 degree parking
4. 60 degree Parking
5. 90 degree Parking
Off-Street Parking Facilities
• privately or publicly owned;
• surface lots and garages.
• Self-parking garages
• attendant-parking garages
In many urban centers, some areas are exclusively allotted for parking
which will be at some distance away from the main stream of traffic.
Such a parking is referred to as off-street parking. They may be
operated by either public agencies or private firms. A typical layout of
an off-street parking is shown in figure.
1.Surface car parks
2.Multistoried car parks
5.Underground car parks