1. Debbie Hodgkinson
20 Holmfield Road, Chilwell, Nottingham, NG9 5GJ
07985299837 | email@example.com | LinkedIn
Experienced, qualified, administrator, with eight years’ clerical, customer service and managerial
experience across sectors including public, charitable and commercial. Excellent front-line and
client-facing skills working with a wide range of people.
April 2015 – To-date Thorn Baker Recruitment.
Front of House Receptionist - Jaguar show room Nottingham
• Meeting and greeting customer, answering the phone, transferring calls taking
messages, making refreshments for visitors, maintaining the reception space and
collecting and distributing the mail.
Front of House Receptionist and Facilities Assistant - Bio City Nottingham
• Manning the reception desk and greeting all visitors and supplying them with day
passes. Booking all visitors in, via an online computer system, answering the phone and
transferring calls. Taking car park bookings via the phone or by email and creating car
park passes and sending them out. Answering customer and tenants queries over the
phone and via email. Franking outgoing post and maintaining a daily log of incoming
and outgoing deliveries.
February 2013 – December 2014 Customer Service Manager and Office Administrator
Siren Furniture Ltd
• Taking incoming sales and customer service calls.
• Liaising with transport companies with regards to delivers and collections.
• Providing a high level of administration support to the business. Including Data entry,
greeting visitors, organising/maintaining the office environment; preparing materials,
organising events and meetings, organising catering, sorting the daily post, taking
messages and screening calls.
• Taking ownership of a service complaint and resolving it from start to finish.
• Delegating work to a team of three.
• Using multiple applications in Microsoft, in-house Databases and systems.
August 2012 – January 2013 Customer Assistant, Tesco, Beeston
• Providing a high level of customer service to customers at the checkout.
• Confidently dealing with a large amount of money and having good time keeping skills.
• I gained excellent in time keeping and working as a large team.
November 2008 – September 2009 Temporary Roles Manchester Recruitment Agencies
Salford Student Finance Office
• Providing administrative and office support.
2. • Answering phones, proving up to date and relevant information and providing customer
service support over the phone.
• Filling, data entry, photocopying and dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
Greater Manchester City Transport
• Answering the phone and managing the only company switch board with over 200 lines.
• Provided customer service support over the phone.
• Providing general administrative assistance to the customer service department.
July 2008 - October 2008 Administrative Receptionist, Nottingham Hostels Liaison Group
• Frontline administration and reception duties, including Greeting visitors and clients,
manning the office switch board, taking and passing on messages, writing up minutes of
meeting, preparing office materials, sending and sorting the daily post
• Being the first point of call for the service users (homeless, substance misuse and
• Having the ability to safely manage and effectively diffuse any difficult situations that may
arise within the waiting area
September 2007 – July 2008 Temporary Roles Nottingham Recruitment Agencies
Receptionist / Office Assistant
• Answering phones, greeting visitors, organising/maintaining the office environment, sorting
daily post and undertaking general administrative tasks such as filing and photocopying.
February 2011 – June 2012 Volunteer, Greater Manchester Community
• Teaching service users how to use computers in the IT suite and designing and running
CSCS training days for offenders referred from Manchester Probation.
• Working for GMCC at Stretford Probation Manchester, assisting offenders with CV writing
and disclosure forms.
• Befriend and mentor ex-offenders leaving prison and provide advice, guidance and
• Liaised with the MD, managers, colleagues, customers & key stakeholders to ensure
September 2010 – January 2011 Volunteer, Salford Foundation
• Mentoring at-risk and vulnerable young people, providing support with vocational, personal,
social and academic development.
• Supporting a young person on a one-to-one basis, taking them out into the community and
gaining an understanding of their personal needs and risk in regards to; education, training,
employment and personal support.
• Providing advice and guidance in order to improve their life skills and opportunities.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
3. September 2009 - June 2012 Manchester Metropolitan University
BA Criminology with Sociology - Grade: 2.1
• Core areas of study included: numerous self-driven as well as managed projects covering a
wide range of criminological and sociological theories; extensive qualitative and quantitative
statistical analysis covering both first and third party research using SPSS
• Dissertation: analysing the effectiveness of the rehabilitation groups I volunteered with; the
case study being GMCC (Greater Manchester community chaplaincy) and how they work to
improve the lives of ex-offenders and help them break the cycle of crime.
07/2011 The Manchester College
The Mentor Programme
• Introduction to mentoring, who will be a mentor, qualities of a mentor, mentoring rationale,
the benefits of mentoring, mentoring considerations, mentoring structure, developing
induction programmes, people and teams, when to ask question, how to ask effective
question and mentoring skills.
2006-2007 Castle College Nottingham, Beeston
OCR Level 2 Certificate in Administration
• Core modules included: IT principles, Text and Word processing, customer service, working
relationships, business communications and touch-typing
1998-2003 Chilwell Comprehensive School
• Including Maths, English, Art and Design and Resistant Materials Technology
IT: Adept in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
• Strong team working skills and the ability to manage a group of people, as demonstrate at
• Strong ability to work well in many different working environments, from working with
colleagues, offenders, homeless and substance misuse
• The ability to hit the ground running and learn multiple aspects quickly shown by my work
experience trough agencies work.
• Excellent time management skills
Available on request.