O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Civics Summative Assignment
• You are to select a non-profit or charity from the list provided in this
PPT and one you would like to research.
• You will be using your Facebook skills for your charitable organization.
• The Facebook page you will be building should be engaging and
• Your are seeking $5000 in funding for your charity.
• Once you have completed your sites please post the link/site into
your One Note folder.
Preparation for Your Site
Please answer the following questions on your Facebook site
• What is your charitable organization?
• What is the social issue related to your organization?
• Where does the organization provide its service?
• What year was your organization founded?
• Who founded and/or currently heads the organization?
• List four specific ways the organization assists people.
• What is their contact information: mailing address, telephone email
and website URL?
List of Charities
• Doctors without Borders Orbis
• Oxfam Amnesty International;
• Christian Aid International Rescue Committee
• Halton Family Services Grace House
• Right to Play Kerr Street Mission
• Transparency International Halton Food for Thought
• Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Halton Lighthouse for Grieving Children
• Earth First ROCK (Reach Out Centre for Kids)
• Habitat for Humanity Elizabeth Fry Society
• Grace House Halton Multicultural Society
• Free the Children Oakville Parent-Child Centre
• David Suzuki Foundation Community Living Oakville
• Community Youth Programs (Oakville) HIPPY Oakville
• Oakville Literacy Council Greenpeace
• Guide Dogs of Canada Raising the Roof (Homelessness)
• Or Make up your won charity about something you are passionate about!
• After selecting your charity write a comprehensive report (maximum
250 words) on why your charity should receive the $5000 funding for
the programs it offers.
• You may contact your organization and ask them what they would do
with the $5000.
• The report should focus on supporting the programs the organization
already offers or new programs that the $5000 would allow them to
• Good luck, have fun and be creative…………