[DigiHealth 22] medIT: eHealth Overview - Nikola Rancic
In Partnership with
medIT is IT development
company providing cutting
edge technology solutions
to customers in multiple
WHO WE ARE?
Our mission is to drive
digitalization of Health sector
in order to enable more
accessible and universal
We aim to reduce the
complexity and price of
access to health services by
• Founded in 2007 in
Sarajevo, Bosnia and
• Belgrade office opened in
• 100% privately owned
• 40+ employees
• Own development teams
• Over 50 projects in 5
• Proving business and
operations support systems
ePrescription – implemented as Serbian national system, with around 450M
prescriptions so far, cca 90M annually, more than 5,000 pharmacies, 9,000
pharmacists, 400 health institutions. Extensions for other institutions and
available therapies and medications are in progress.
NMPP&D – national medical platform for prevention and diagnostic, is complex
platform containing several modules as: PACS, RIS, Mamoscreening and cervical
cancer screening system. More than 180 integrated institution, with more than
900 DICOM modalities, with 200M DICOM images available on central PACS, and
with more than 4M finalized studies by radiologist.
Patient Portal – implemented as Serbian national system with around 1.5M active
users. Integrated with medical institutions for EHR access, and national platform
for prevention and diagnostics for medical records and X-ray and CT scans
(Radiology Information System). Used for self assessment tool during COVID
pandemic and downloading testing results, interaction with ePrescription system
EHR – implemented for over 300 health institutions in Serbia, integrated with
Patient Portal system. Extension for viewer of health records, therapies and
medications and all other relevant health data is in progress.
Digital death certificate – implemented for 230 institutions in Serbia, with 12K
end users, and 45,000 certificates issued. Integrated with central registry of
citizens (Ministry of Interior), with extension portal for documentation download
by family members in place.
Sick Leave Tracking – implementation in progress for Serbia. Will cover the
business processes for sick leave tracking, algorithms and process flows on
National level according to local legislation.
Patient centric system – patient is central point of system
• Patient has absolute rights to access to all personalized information, from
every point in the world
• Digitalization exist to make patient life easier through the system
• Direct, personalized communication with health system is mandatory
Digitalization and IT systems – saving center
Perception of IT systems must be changed – they are not cost center!!!
(investments), it is necessary tool, with huge saving potential
ePrescription – in millions od euros on annual basis
• Paperless workflow, no printing, distribution and storage required, better
control over medicaments. Approximately system could save up to 10% of
overall medicament budget.
• At this moment in Serbia ePrescription saved directly about 5% of overall
budget, with addition potential od 5% (cca 15 millions euros)
• Less bureaucratic work for doctors, more time to work with patients
• Patient spent less time at the doctors
Direct savings – in millions od euros
• No requirements for films and chemicals
• More productive work of radiologist
• Better efficiency of existing resources
• Knowledge base for future specialists
EHR– electronic health record
• All patient data accessible from one point
• No requirement for printing and carrying medical documentation
• No need for procedures repetitions
• Patient Portal
CURRENT HOT TOPICS
• How to increase doctor efficiency
More than 30% of his time, he spend on information import to HIS
• More investments to prevention systems
Illness and disease prediction
Microservice architecture allows flexible system adaptation in line with client
Allows easy transformation from legacy systems to new digitalized paper less systems
with minimum costs.
HIS producers agnostic system. Allows integration as many as required different HIS
Vertical integration and central management. New rules are set on central platform
and valid for all users in the same time.
Central registers, authentication and authorisation – Oauth2, SSO.
BENEFITS of the ARCHITECTURE
1. Prescription module – eDoctor / api eDoctor, prescribing in GP
2. Pharmacy module – ePharmacy, realization in any pharmacy
3. Parametrization and control module – eInsurance, controlling in
4. Help desk module – support module
• Fully digitalized radiologist work flow: Referrals between doctors,
integration with DICOM modalities, automatic relation between
image and closed study
• Integration with HIS and ERP system
• Enormous knowledge base
1. COVID 19 section
a) Self assessment
b) Post covid questionaries
c) Direct communication with COVID ambulances
d) Access to PCR and immunization certificates
2. eHealth section
b) EHR data
c) Access to GP calendars and active referrals, screening
d) Citizen engagement
3. Lifestyle section
b) Google fit, apple health, Samsung health
c) Manual input of activites
d) BMI calculation
4. Prevention section
a) Knowledge base
b) Information about current prevention programs
5. Network section
a) Communication with doctors
b) Communication with other network members
c) Video, voice and chat communication channels
Hybrid model has been implemented
1. Data are stored in distributed HIS
2. Patient location and URL links are saved on central location – IP
3. Middleware to regulate secure asynchronous communication
between health institutions
Patient location IP gateway
Middleware, oAuth2, WAF
Hospital 1 Hospital 2 Hospital 3 Hospital n
Our products are continuously improved by the experience from our
customers, partners as well as from world health trends. In the
following short and mid term, we aim to:
1. Continue with integration with third party apps and devices to
collect health and lifestyle data
2. Create correlations between collected data, diagnosis, symptoms,
3. Extend integration of the patient portal with additional Machine
Learning and Expert system-based engines for leveraging and
improving primary healthcare service through self diagnosis,
automatic care and knowledge-based engines to optimize most
common patient paths through the medical system and making
sure the most severe and needed cases are prioritized.
4. Deploy the system in the remote locations where not enough
medical staff is available, enabling shared knowledge between the
countries and continents.
5. Implementation of AI in radiology and screening systems
6. Enable communication between doctors and patients on remote
locations, supporting remote NGO and doctors without borders.
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.