9. * Offal – liver, kidney, sweetbreads * Seafood – such as herring, mussels, sardines, anchovies, scallops, oysters * Game – grouse, pheasant, partridge, turkey
10. * Yeast – breads, beer * Yeast extracts – vegemite, marmite * Mutton, veal, bacon * Legumes – beans, lentils Purines can be found in many foods such as:
11. As well as reducing the intake of foods high in purines there are foods believed to be beneficial. These can help keep the gout away.
12. Some of these are: * Cherries * Lemon Juice * Apple Cider Vinegar * Grapes * Green Leafy Vegetables * Fruits High in Vitamin C * Nuts and Seeds * Certain Herbs (Devil’s Claw, Garlic, Hawthorn, Parsley and others)
13. It is vitally important to treat your gout, rather than just letting it get worse.
14. Over time the symptoms of gout get much worse, and can cause permanent damage and even deformity. Gout should not be taken lightly, it is a serious problem.