Ankle gout involves that part of the body swelling up and becoming very painful. It typically will affect the ankle joint bones, tendons and ligaments and that makes it very hard to walk
9. Someone may be going about their daily activities one moment and begin to feel tightness and some pain.
10. Within hours they can be in the middle of a full blown gout attack. Because it comes on suddenly some people may simply assume that they stepped wrong.
11. These people may treat the area with that in mind and so they likely won’t even go to the doctor for treatment. It can take several days or even weeks for the ankle to stop hurting and for the pain to go away
12. With the wrong type of care though the pain and agony of the situation can linger much longer.
13. Never assume that you know what the problem is — seek medical attention for a proper diagnosis.
14. Ankle gout occurs when there is too much uric acid being created in the body and stored.
15. If you do seek medical attention, an inspection of the affected area of the body, blood testing and urine testing can help determine if gout is present or not.
16. Such testing will show that there are higher than normal levels of uric acid present in the body. If you take high blood pressure medication it could increase your risk of developing gout.
17. Ankle gout is said to be among the most painful types of outbreaks.
18. It is important to make sure you eat a well balanced diet, get exercise, and take action to reduce the chances of future outbreaks.
19. Take a close look at what you eat. Do you consume fresh fruits and vegetables daily? Do you drink enough water?
20. Studies show that the antioxidants found in fruits and vegetables can help to eliminate the build up of uric acid in the body.