There are two different styles of treatment that you want to look at. The first is prevention and the other is taking care of it at the first sign so that it isn’t full blown and become painful.
2. As you pursue treatment for gout you will likely get to the point where you are desperate to try anything. That is why there are so many products on the market for it.
3. Some you can buy over the counter and others you need a prescription for.
4. Before you go down either of those roads though you need to try to make changes on your own that will successfully treat it.
5. Many of the products out there for the treatment of gout simply don’t work.
6. It can be upsetting to spend your money on them. It is also a painful lesson to learn.
7. You go get them, use them, and then wait around for results that never materialize. Of course the manufacturers of these medications get away with it.
8. They have disclaimers that keep them from being liable of their product doesn’t work for an individual. There are two different styles of treatment that you want to look at.
9. The first is prevention which means keeping episodes of gout from occurring.
10. The other is taking care of it at the first sign so that it isn’t full blown and going to be painful and lingering for up to 10 days.
11. Not drinking enough liquids per day is one of the prime causes of gout. This is because water flushes the body and removes uric acid.
12. A lack of water through allows the uric acid to build up in the joints. When they turn into crystals that is when the inflammation and the pain result.
13. There are other drinks too that have antioxidants in them such as green tea. Remove empty calorie drinks including sugary soda, and even sugary juices.
14. You can drink coffee to help you with treatment of gout as it too has lots of antioxidants found in it.
15. Cherry juice is something you can drink alone or you can place into water to give you help breaking down uric acid.
16. Don’t forget a juicer that allows you to make your own vegetable juices as well. Plan your meals so that you aren’t backed into a corner when it comes to healthy eating habits.
17. There are plenty of great recipes out there that you can try that offer you a low purine diet. Not only will this help with reducing gout but the food is going to taste great.
18. Keep a good eye on portions too so you can take off any extra weight you may be carrying around. It can be fun to try new foods too that you haven’t experienced before.
19. There are gout cookbooks out there as well as plenty of recipes online. Take the time to find out what foods aren’t’ good for you too.
20. For example shellfish may be something you eat lots of but it is extremely high in uric acid. As you pursue a natural treatment for gout, keep in mind that it may take time to work.
21. It can help to keep a diary of when you experience a gout problem, what part of the body was affected, and how long it lasted.
22. Rate your level of pain too so that you can see if the efforts you make are working.
23. As you look back over your documentation, you should start to see that the gout problems occur less frequently. You will also notice that they aren’t as painful and that they don’t last as long as they once did.
24. Those results are all good news and steps in the right direction. Don’t give up on your efforts because gout is simply too painful and life altering to allow it to have control over you.