1. Courtney Olson
545 Verde Lane
Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007
(847) 754-7737 Cell
Objective: To obtain a position in a working profession where I can apply my knowledge and life experiences.
North Central College, Naperville, IL
B.A. Major: Sociology
Minor: Physical Education Minor: Wellness
Current GPA: 3.02/4.0
Graduation date: June 2013
Related Coursework: Wellness, Sport Management, Nutrition, Coaching and Teaching Team Sports, Community
Health, Introduction to Water Safety, and Tennis.
William Rainey Harper College, Palatine, IL
Graduation date: May 23, 2010
Associates in Arts with honors
Discovery Health Partners Administrative Assistant December 2014 – Present
• Open and sort insurance questionnaires along with other mail and sort them based on their respective client.
• Upload insurance questionnaires for clients to their appropriate member file.
• Upload formal documents to the proper member file and assign diaries accordingly.
• Abide by HIPPA laws and regulations.
• Update claims and benefits according to member's injury on file.
• Work and communicate with team members in the admin department to complete daily tasks.
• Assist call center when needed.
Fisk Kart Katz Regan and Levy Receptionist March 2014 – May 2014
• Open and close switchboard. Answering and directing calls in a polite manner.
• Open the office in the morning. Prepare coffee and keep kitchen clean and stocked.
• Track employee attendance and arrival/departure times.
• Greet clients and page attorneys upon their arrival.
• Update daily bulletin and email to all staff.
• Schedule messenger service when packages need to be picked up.
• Book conference room.
• Keep log of incoming packages and distribute to appropriate staff.
• Order flowers for employee birthdays.
• Open client files in Perfect Practice and save to computer system.
Illinois Department of Transportation Temporary Office Employee January 2014 - March 2014
• Filing all executed agreements to folders and electronic folders.
• Send executed agreements and/or plans with cover letters to the appropriate towns, villages and cities.
• Save plans and specs from CD to the appropriate electronic file.
• Scan files and agreements to email for electronic filing.
• Address and assemble packets to be sent to bureaus and mayor offices.
Elk Grove Park District
Pavilion Fitness Center Staff Associate June 2013 – Present
• Responsible for helping provide a clean and friendly workout environment to our members along with
helping the facility run smoothly.
• Responsible for opening and closing the facility.
• Coordinate front desk activities and provide information to members.
• Advice prospective customers on the Pavilion Fitness membership packages.
2. Park District Intern April 2013 – June 2013
• Worked along side the Fitness and Wellness Coordinator of the park district and received experience in all
positions that focus on park district functioning.
• Participated in many park district events in many areas.
North Central College
Teach First Program Participant 2010 - 2012
• Served as substitute teacher or teacher’s assistant to a high needs elementary physical education class in
• Met regularly in this organization as enrichment to core curriculum; hosted speakers and attended
Tutor, Junior/Senior Scholars Program Fall 2010
• Helped third and fourth graders learn and understand geography.
Private Family, Palatine IL Nanny 2010 - 2014
• Enhance multi-tasking abilities while providing a safe environment to an elementary aged child.
• Assist with homework and extracurricular activities such as soccer.
Fit 4 Kids, Glenview IL Camp Counselor Summer 2009
• Supervised a group of some 30 children aged four to seven in this program dedicated to teaching the
benefits of an active life style.
-Dean’s List Fall 2012
-Member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
-Played for Harper Hawks College softball team 2007-2008