O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
How to Start
a Cleaning Business
A Quick Start Guide
10 Steps to Starting a
Starting a cleaning business can be a very profitable business endeavor. Your
cleaning business can be started part-time, from your own home and with very little
According to SBDC.Net, the industry is expected to grow 5.5% annually through
with current business trends toward outsourcing and purchasing by two income
families looking for more leisure time.
The cleaning business industry has two main markets: Residential and Commercial.
Of these two markets, the residential cleaning market is the highest requested service
by women since a growing number of families have the money available to afford
Here’s an infographic showing the difference between the two:
10 Steps to Starting a
Here’s a quick start guide on how to start a cleaning business:
1. Write a business plan.
2. Choose your “Target Market”. In the cleaning services industry, you can target
either residential or commercial customers.
3. Create a Business Name – either a keyword rich or branded business name.
4. Register your business name. You can apply for a “DBA” at your local county
5. Open a business bank account.
6. Get your business licensed (if applicable in your state).
7. Determine your business structure. Here are the most common forms of
business structures used: sole-proprietorship, partnership, LLC (Limited
8. Get a tax identification number (Employer Identification Number). Your EIN is
the number that will be used to identify your company for tax purposes.
9. Get a logo and branding materials for your business.
10. Promote, market and advertise your cleaning business.
For more information on how to start a cleaning business, and other tips, visit