1. Christine Haefner
3031 Kimberly Drive, East Norriton, PA. 19401 | 610 772-1896 | Haefner_Christine@yahoo.com
A results-driven learning professional with extensive experience in education program alignment, design, delivery, implementation,
evaluation, staff management and training analysis. A dedicated team player and relationship builder focused on ensuring organizations
achieve critical business results.
Management and Leadership
· Effectively managed a staff of up to13 members.Lead and drove high performance teams for direct reports and in a matrix environment.
· Successfully managed large scale learning programs (200 attendees)
· Managed pilot programs using newtechnologies and tools
· Supported the approved learning solutions for clients and the successful execution of department’s strategic initiatives, process
improvements, and efficient operations.
· Chief of staff to Executive Director 2013 – 2016
· Supported the executive director and the senior leadership team in becoming more efficient in communicating and demonstrating the
department’s strategies and process improvements.
· Advised the executive director on issues and topics that require resolution or clarification by the senior leadership team.
· Prepared agenda and facilitate the leadership team monthly operations meetings, as well as quarterly strategy meetings, and yearly
extended leadership team meetings to run more effectively.
· Created draft presentations for quarterly Town Hall staff meetings based on generaloutline provided by executive director.
· Demonstrated leadership ability to work in a matrix environment with senior management and be the default point of contract for staff
to gain transparencies.
· Finely improved communications skills upward to executive management and senior leadership, lateralto other peers, and downward
throughout the organization.
· Key role in developing and implementing the Book of Business tool for department.
· Supported the Book of Business tool and the integrity of the data that provided many of the key operational metrics for the department
including the Rate Card.
· Assigned projects to staff that ensured a balance of projects that capitalized on staffs skills as well as stretch assignments to strengthen or
develop new skills.
· Effectively managed assigned areas of departments Operationaland Training budget.
· Kept track of forecast and spend for assigned budget areas.Meet regularly with budget lead toadjust as needed,
· Maintained budget under plan/forecast ~4M.
· Supported rollout of Intuit Quick Base redesign work and rollout of newprocesses.
2. Page 2
· Significant business-oriented expertise gained from real-world implementations of instructional design methodologies and adult learning
· Strong knowledge of eLearning standards,evaluation strategies and metrics
· Valuable client-relationship political savvy gained from years of stakeholder interaction
· Strong ability to partner with internaland externalstakeholders
· Supported cross-functional training programs thought the pharmaceuticalresearch and development areas (Biologics, Vaccines, Business
Development & Licensing, and Global Project Management.)
· Provided overall project management and support for training/learning initiatives including overall design, development implementation,
and evaluation of learning programs. Perform business analysis and develop project plans to track large-scale projects.
· Communicated to key stakeholders and managed expectations.Proactively inform and discuss critically significant deviations from
training plans.Identified barriers and implementation issues. Raised issues related to competing or conflicting priorities to leadership
· Managed resources assigned to learning projects and specific roles. This includes the budget associated with the learning project.
· Lead project teams by managing multiple complex work streams with significant business implications.
· Managed project development and implementation, involved key stakeholders and delivered project requirements by making timely
decisions and meeting all deadlines.
· Delineated project deliverables and obtained business approval.
· Created and maintained project plans and lead the project team: scheduled and facilitated team meetings, followed up on meeting action
items, managed team communication, identified project issues and risks, monitored status of project tasks, reported project status to team
members,business sponsor and department leadership team.
· Conducted development team kickoff meetings with a primary purpose of ensuring team members understood their roles and
· Collaborated with Instructional Designer on development of Learning Solution Agreements and with Global Portfolio Analysts on vendor
· Served as the vendors primary point of contact for all project-related inquires and deliverables.
· Compiled and reviewed pilot training feedbackfor business area review. Recommend modifications based on results.
· Applied the ADDIE methodology to see and understand the “big picture” and articulate a compelling learning strategy that meets the needs
of diverse audiences.
· Adhered to instructional design principles while conducting training needs analysis, developing training solutions and implementing
programs for Merck Research Labs (MRL) customers.
· Conducted Training Needs Analysis and developed content for instructor led training, virtual instructor led training, and eLearning
courses, MRL wide courses and professional development courses.
· Identified instructional goals and defined performance objectives.
· Established instructional strategy and developed instructional materials to best meet learning’s’ needs.
· Served as a key member of the project team and evaluated key learning objectives.
· Designed and conducted formative a summative evaluations with a goal of continuous improvement.
Assessment & Measurement
· Proven ability to measure the impact of learning interventions and translate those results to business leaders. Used the Metrics that Matter
Change Management and Process Improvement
· Introduced positive change, as a Change Agent, through proactive implementation plan analysis and course correction that averted
potential issues in the development and execution stages.
· Captained complex work stream comprised of prominent stakeholders through departments business process alignment with Learning
Management System functionality.
· Awarded Sigma Green Belt certification based on high-value contributions and results on qualified project.
3. Page 3
Professional Skills and Certifications
· Professional Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) Metrics that Matter, Intuit, HTML, Macromedia Flash, SharePoint)
and Internet Explorer
· Certifications: Six Sigma – Green Belt
· Association for Talent Development (ATD)
· Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA)
· Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (L-TEN) formerly Society for Pharmaceutical& Biotech Trainers (SPBT)
· Bachelor of Science | May 1978 | State University of New York at Albany | Accounting Major
· Associate of Science | May 1976 | SuffolkCounty Community College | Accounting Major
· Director Learning and Development | Merck & Co. | October 2013 – January 2016
· Merck Polytechnic Institute Learning Lead | Merck & Co| Nov 2008 – October 2013
· Learning Tech & Training Specialist Merck & Co | January 2008 – November 2008
· SR. Technical Writer | Merck & Co | January 2005 – December 2007
· Technical Writer | Merck & Co | February 2001 – December 2004
· Technical writer | Kelly Scientific Temp Agency/ Merck &Co | February 2000 – January 2001
· Documentation Manger | XRT-CERG | 1995 - 2000
· Technical Writer/Assurance Coordinator | Intelligent Electronics | 1993 - 1995
· Production Control Manger | Silo Incorporated | 1990 - 1993
· Quality Assurance Coordinator | Silo Incorporated | 1986 - 1990
· Assistant Controller | Silo Incorporated | 1984 - 1986
· Internal Audit Supervisor | Silo Incorporated | 1983 - 1984
· InternalAuditor | Silo Incorporated | 1981 - 1983
· Secured Lending Auditor | Provident National Bank | 1978 - 1981
· Bookkeeper | Berlitz School of Languages | 1978
· InternalAuditor | J.C. Penney | 1978