O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
The GoalThe Goal
Check & Adjust
ID & Apply
● Ask and answer...
– What do I want to achieve?
– How will I recognize success?
– How long do I have to complete goal?
– Who is available to assist along the way?
– What are my strengths and weaknesses?
– What threats and opportunities are present?
Determine where you areDetermine where you are
Identify where you want to goIdentify where you want to go
The Plan ●
The plan becomes your mapThe plan becomes your map
Focus more on direction less on routeFocus more on direction less on route
When you focus on direction, sometimes you end upWhen you focus on direction, sometimes you end up
on a side roadon a side road
Not always a bad thingNot always a bad thing
Adjust CourseAdjust Course
Periodically check progress & adjust your route toPeriodically check progress & adjust your route to
ensure you are on the best path (not always theensure you are on the best path (not always the
shortest or fastest).shortest or fastest).
An old proverb is that every journey begins with theAn old proverb is that every journey begins with the
first step.first step.
● Another is that every ending is a new beginning.
● Do not be surprised when you arrive at your
destination, you find new roads to travel
Assess & Establish New Goal(s)
● When you mapped out your course, you probably
noticed more than one route to your destination.
● Which one of those roads leads to your next
● Apply what your learned on your new trip.
● Most photos by author
– Slide 6 Steven Jurvetson
– Slide 7 Cal Sidyrose
– Slide 8 Alan Stark
– Slide 9 Colin Bowern
– Slide 12 Michael McCullough
● All photos CreativeCommons License: Attribution-
Sharealike, or less restrictive from Flickr.com
For More Information
● Check out my blog, Leadership andTraining, on
● Contact me at email@example.com
– I offer customized training for staff
– In person or on-line options
● Follow me onTwitter: @ChrisSaintCyr