O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Head of Year: Miss A Hellier
Assistant Head of Year: Miss L Gillespie
• 11C Mr Walford
• 11H Mr Baxter
• 11E Mr Cordle
• 11W Mr Joyce
• 11V Mr James
• 11A Ms Wilcox
• 11L Mrs Hayes/Mr Rees
• First point of contact/support.
• Rounded picture of pupil
• Communication – diaries/email.
• Three tutor periods per week
that focus on private study and
• For all pupils to achieve the best possible grades at GCSE.
• To have aspirations beyond Year 11 and to work hard to achieve
• Pupils to become responsible ‘well rounded’ citizens.
• To make the most of every opportunity that Chew Valley School offers
• To be happy and confident!
• Mrs Rowlands – Deputy
• Mrs Taylor – Home/School
• Megan Harris– Pastoral Support.
• Mr Edwards – Behaviour Support
• Literacy and numeracy
• Outside agencies.
• Provide specialist intervention
beyond the role of the tutor.
• Communication between
tutor/head of year/pupil and
Year 11 Mentoring Support
• ‘In school’ specialist mentors to provide individual support for pupils
that have been identified for specific academic/organisational
• Reaches out to around 40 students.
• Meetings take place fortnightly during registration.
• The mentor works behind the scenes to help with issues such as
homework, organisation, class room confidence etc.
• Be prepared to learn!
• Make up and Jewellery
Green Slips /
“The beginning is always today” – Mary Shelley
October 6th to March 24th 2016
Passport to the Prom
Applications are currently being looked at!
You have to earn the right to go to the Prom!
Key Criteria -
• No more than 10 Behaviour Points within each defined period
• 5 Late marks at registration/lessons or no more than 25 minutes in
total of lateness
• 95% attendance between October 6th and March 24th 2016
Success starts at home!
• Insight Portal
• School website
• Calendar dates
• Reinforce expectations
• Support the school
YEAR 11 STUDY CLUB – EVERY TUESDAYS in
the LIBRARY until 5.30pm
• Weds Oct 15th - Entry to Sixth Form assembly
• Thursday 22nd Oct – M1 published
• November 2nd English and MFL CA
• November 9th Drama CA
• November 19th Entry to Sixth Form Evening
• Tuesday 8th Dec MOCK EXAMS BEGIN
• December 14th WEX week for Child Care students
• January 5th MFL Speaking Assessments
• Tuesday January 12th – Year Group Photo
• Friday January 22nd – Year 11 full reports published
• Thursday February 4th – Year 11 Subject Evening
Believe in yourself, work hard and inspire yourself
to exceed expectations!