1. WASCO COATINGS MALAYSIA SDN
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
• Executif Master in OSH (In Progress)
• Diploma in Human Resource, Universiti Malaya (2000).
• Safety and Health Officer, Green Book Holders
• ISO 14001 and 18001 Lead Auditor
• NIOSH Qualified Trainer
• Competent AESP/AGT
WORKING EXPERIENCE AND BRIEF OF JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Senior Manager, HSE- WASCO COATINGS MALAYSIA SDN BHD
(Current employment- since 16 February 2011)
Established and manage HSE Department Manual, procedures and others documentation to meet
all expectation and comply to Legal Requirement.
Advise management on all Health Safety and Environment Legal Requirement and ISO 14001 and
18001 HSEMS standards and requirements.
Review and revised procedures and others documentation to meet statutory obligations and
recommended codes of practice.
Managing Risk at workplace and advice mitigation plan to create safe workplace and condition to
Page 1 of 11
Name: Capt. (R) Mohd Radzi bin Abdullah
Passport / ID No.: 640919-01-6047
Marital Status: Married
Date of Birth : 19.09.1964
Postal & Permanent Address:
D-367 Jalan Bukit Setongkol, 25200 Kuantan,
Pahang Darul Makmur.
2. WASCO COATINGS MALAYSIA SDN
Interpreting and keeping management and employees informed of new and developing
legislation and other HSE standards.
Advising management of their responsibilities for accident prevention and avoidance of
Through line management and supervision, advising where improvements in health and
safety standards or practices where appropriate.
Maintaining statutory safety records, in addition to maintaining health and safety records
required by the company.
Advising on possible hazards when considering the introduction of new machinery, new
materials, new processes, or changes in existing ones.
Overseeing, reviewing and assist accident investigations to prevent recurrence and
improve HSE performances.
Identifying health and safety training needs and advising on suitable training programs.
Ensuring that raw materials used in the company’s products conformed to statutory
health and safety requirements.
Ensuring that all necessary risk assessments required by legislation are carried out.
Advise on Management of Change of equipment, Process or other means required by
HSEMS standard and legal requirement.
Managing for appropriate personal protective equipment based on risk assessments
finding and recommendation.
Many other special assignments but not limited to dealings with Government Related
Organization for approval and negotiation an all issues with regards to regulatory requirement.
Page 2 of 11
3. WASCO COATINGS MALAYSIA SDN
2. HSE Manager - TORAY BASF PBT RESIN SDN BHD (May 2007 – February 2011)
Managing Safety Health and Environment Department Policies, Quality Manual, Procedures.
Managing HSE Responsible Care Management System in accordance to BASF Corporate
Standards and Corporate GUBR Auditor requirements.
The Program Manager for Behavioral Base Safety Program involving Planning, Implementation,
Review and Revised.
Advise and assist Senior Management on HSE Regulatory Requirements, Audit and Certification
on Machineries under OSHA 1994, FMA 1967 and Environmental Quality Act 1974
Establish and Implement and review HSE regulation and Procedures compliances.
Plan Schedule and Conduct Safety Awareness training program for regulatory training
requirements and to new employees and contractors.
Communicate and coordinate HSE Management requirement to Toray BASF Shutdown and In-
Monitor and review and advice internal investigation and reports on accident and incident for
Advise and educate Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and Risk Control on Routine plant operation SOP.
Focal person for communicate and advise to government related agencies and authorities.
Committee Secretary for Organization Safety Committee.
Plan and Coordinates Monthly Plant Safety Audit and Safety Committee Meetings.
Reporting to BASF and Toray Corporate Management for Asia Pacific.
Managing Schedule Waste Management and Disposal.
Coordinates and advice for Chemical Health Risk Assessment and Chemical Baseline
Page 3 of 11
4. WASCO COATINGS MALAYSIA SDN
3. Factory and Safety Manager - AMALGAMATED METAL BUILDERS (M) SDN BHD (March
2003 to May 2007)
1. Managing Health Safety and Environment Department.
2. Managing Factory Administrative requirements i.e. Security Section, In-house
Contractors, Equipment & Machineries Administrative requirement, Managing
General Workers and Workshop/Production/Factory.
3. Advise and assist Senior Management on HSE Regulatory Requirements
4. Establish and Implement and review HSE regulation and Procedures
5. Conduct Safety Awareness training to new employees and contractors.
6. Communicate and coordinate HSE Management requirement with AMB’s Sub-
7. Conduct internal investigation and reports on accident and incident for corrective
action including project site
8. Conduct Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and Risk Control for fabrication and installation
activities & project site
9. Managing certification and safe operating condition for communicate with related
10. Establish communication and cooperation with DOSH for regulatory requirements
11. Secretary for Organization Safety Committee
12. Implement and advise on Quality Management System standard requirements
13. Conduct Internal Audit for ISO 9001:2000, OHSAS 14001 and 18001 EMS.
14. Appointed Management Representative for OHSAS 18000 and EMS 14000.
15. Established Quality Manual, Procedures and Policies in for OHSAS 18000 and EMS
16. Managing Workshop Management to meet ISO Quality, HSE system requirements.
17. Head for Blasting and Painting Unit for 5 S implementation and certification.
Page 4 of 11
5. WASCO COATINGS MALAYSIA SDN
18. Conduct Security Investigation and report finding.
19. Other factory matters i.e. visits, occasions and etc
4. QSE Executive - MAMMOET ROMSTAR SDN BHD – HQ NILAI (July 2002- Mar 2003)
20. Managing Quality, Safety and Environment
21. Advise and assist Senior Management on HSE Regulatory Requirements
22. Establish and enforce HSE regulation and Procedures
23. Conduct Safety Awareness training to new employees
24. Communicate and coordinate HSE Management requirement with Mammoet’s sub-
25. Establish investigation and reports on incident and accident for corrective action
including project site
26. Conduct JSA and hazard control for Heavy Lifting activities including project site
27. Coordinate and administer certificate and authority for cranes and operator competency
28. Establish communication and cooperation with DOSH for regulatory requirements
29. Secrecy for Organization Safety Committee
30. Established Quality Manual, Procedures and Policies in relation to ISO 9001:2000
31. Implement and advise on Quality Management System standard requirements
32. Managing Internal Quality Audit
33. Appointed Management Representative
Page 5 of 11
6. WASCO COATINGS MALAYSIA SDN
5. Safety Officer - MAMMOET ROMSTAR SDN BHD – BASF PETRONAS – BDO PROJECT (Oct 2001 –
1. Managing Safety, Health and Environment on site
2. Advise and assist Site Manager on HSE Regulatory Requirement
3. Advise matters on client, Kvaerner Dialog HSE Regulation and Procedures
4. Conduct Safety Talk and Training to new employees
5. Coordinate HF HSE Communication with Mammoet’s sub-contractor
6. Coordinate investigation and reports writing on incident and accident for corrective action
7. Conduct Safety Audit, monitoring and surveillance on site
8. Conduct Safety Walk with main contractor Kvaerner Dialog
9. Conduct JSA and hazard control for Heavy Lifting activities
10.Coordinate and advice on permit requirement
11.Coordinate and administer certificate and authority for cranes and operator competency
12.Established communication and cooperation with
13.DOSH Pahang for regulatory requirement assistant Safety and Health Management
6. HSE Senior - AMOCO CHEMICAL (M) SDN BHD (Nov 1995 – Oct 2001)
1. Supervise and advise matters pertaining to Safety & Health Policy, Regulation and Work
2. Implementation of Safety, Health and Environment regulatory requirements.
3. Coordinate, Conduct and advise on Safety Awareness, Surveillance and Audit
4. Conduct Plant Safety Briefing and other HSE Activity Plan.
5. Maintain and update HSE Statistic and records.
6. Advise and monitor department accident incident Investigation
7. Member’s of Plant Emergency Response
Page 6 of 11
7. WASCO COATINGS MALAYSIA SDN
8. Member’s of People Effective Network
9. Secretary for Safety Health and Environment Committee Meetings.
10. Member’s of Plant Safety Campaign
11. Many other Special assignments.
7. Officer Commanding - MALAYSIAN ARMED FORCES (1983 – 1995)
1. Manage, supervise and conduct periodic inspection on regimental ammunitions and explosive
2. Responsible for regimental military personnel Safety and Health in military base or during
3. Responsible for preparation and handling of Logistic Transport for Brigade or Division
Ammunitions and Explosive move
4. Coordinate and supervise soldiers Safety and Health during fire armed and explosive training in
the Shooting Range
5. Responsible to establish and coordinate Fire Emergency Response Personnel Drill and
Equipments Maintenance Inspection
6. Responsible for Safe Operating Procedures in Dropping Zone, Landing Zone and Landing Site
during Ground Conventional Warfare Operation
7. Responsible for Workplace Safety and Hygiene
8. Vehicle Safety Maintenance and Servicing Procedures
9. Many other Special assignments.
Page 7 of 11
8. WASCO COATINGS MALAYSIA SDN
PROJECT INVOLVED FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT
1. Major Project: EVA-NB, ENGDS Project for PCSB
2. Project: Pipe coating for Garagol Deniz (PCTSB)
3. Project: Pipe coating for Terengganu Crude Oil Terminal (TCOT) - PCSB
4. Project: Pipe coating for Murphy Sarawak
5. Project: Pipe coating for Shell F14 & Shell F29
6. Project: Pipe coating for Pengerang Gas Pipeline Project (PGP), PGB
7. Project: Pipe coatings for Dai Hung, Vietnam
8. Project: Pipe coatings for Murphy 2014-2016 Sarawak Dev. Project
9. Project: Pipe coating for Chevron Australia, GORGON Upstream Project
10. Project: Pipe coating for Angsi Besar Project, (PCSB)
11. Project: Pipe coating for Statoil, Porlaled Phase 1
12. Project: Pipe coating for Statoil, Josepp Phase 2
ATTENDED TRAINING & COURSES
No. Training / Course Title Year
1 Basic Fire Extinguisher And Hose Reel Training / BOMBA Pahang 1995
2 Occupational First Aid Training Programme / Biro Tata Negara 1995
3 Basic Security Management / Biro Tata Negara 1995
4 Basic Fire Fighting/ BOMBA Pahang 1995
5 Inner Side Of Effective People / PLC Training Sdn Bhd 1996
6 Providing Humanitarian Assistance / Amoco Corporation 1996
Security Management / Edith Cowan University In-Collaboration With SEATRO,
8 Basic Fire Extinguisher And Hose Reel Training / Al Safety Sdn Bhd 1997
Security Electronic System Uniguard, Unipass & Secucard Training / Idtech S.A
10 Introduction To Security Management / Ripple Skill Sdn. Bhd. 1997
Page 8 of 11
9. WASCO COATINGS MALAYSIA SDN
11 Supervisor Development Program 1/ Development Dimension International. 1998
12 Supervisory Development Program 2 / Development Dimensions International 1998
Security Investigation Management & Report Writing / Institute Of Professional
14 High Impact Presentation Skills / Adlearn HRD. 1999
15 Effective Meeting Facilitation Workshop (EMF)./ Adlearn HRD. 1999
Bengkel Pengendalian Displin Dan Siasatan Domestik/ Malaysian Association Of
17 Safety And Health Officer Course / NIOSH 2000
18 Occupational First Aid Training / AL Safety Sdn. Bhd. 2000
19 Workshop On Occupational Safety & Health/ MSOSH. 2001
Safety Awareness, Communications, Crane Operation And Basic Slinging & Rigging
Methods / Mammoet Training Services
21 Internal Quality Auditor 2002
22 Seminar USECHH Regulations 2000 / Det Norske Veritas (DNV)/ DOSH Pahang. 2003
23 ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 Training./ EQSH Sdn Bhd 2004
24 Seminar Keselamatan Dan Kesihatan Pekerjaan 2005/ DOSH Malaysia 2005
25 Confined Space Entry/ IB Resources 2006
26 Basic Fire Fighting & ERP Course/ Zone Safety Technology 2006
27 Basic Train The Trainer/ NIOSH 2007
28 Kaizen : Strategi Peningkatan Berterusan/ FMM Institute 2007
29 Easy Spreadsheet MS Excel 2003 / Pahang Skill Development Centre. 2008
30 Advance Train The Trainer Programme/ NIOSH 2008
31 Bengkel Hands-On E-Consignment Note 2008/ DOE Pahang 2008
32 Chart And Function MS Excel 2003/ Pahang Skill Development Centre. 2008
33 Seminar Managing Chemicals At Workplace / DOSH Malaysia 2008
34 Operation Management System/ Expitris Worldwide Sdn Bhd 2008
35 Behavioral Based Safety/ FIK International 2009
36 Confined Space Safety Course (Authorised Entrant & Standby Person)/ NIOSH 2009
Confined Space Safety Course (Authorised Gas Tester And Entry Supervisor)./
38 Process Control : Measurement And Calibration / FMM Institute 2009
Pumps & Compressors : Operation Maintenance & Troubleshooting/ UTM –
OSHMS : MS1722 & OHSAS 18001 INTERPRETATION & IMPLEMENTATION
(MODULE 1 OF 2 OSH LEAD AUDITOR)/ NIOSH
OSHMS : MS 1722 & OHSAS 18001 AUDITING ( MODULE 2 OF 2 OSH LEAD
Bengkel Pengeluaran Bersih : Kearah Industri Malaysia Yang Mesra Alam Sekitar /
Jabatan Alam Sekitar Kementerian Sumber Asli Dan Alam Sekitar Malaysia
43 Computer Intensive Training Programme (Microsoft Excel 2003- Level 3) / 2009
Page 9 of 11
10. WASCO COATINGS MALAYSIA SDN
Applied Creative Problem Solving & Proactive Thinking Work Session/ Atd (M) Sdn
Kursus Keselamatan Sinaran Dan Kesihatan/ / Agensi Nuklear Malaysia (Nuklear
Integrated Management System (Ims) Process Based Internal Auditing / Neville
Confined Space Safety Course (Authorised Entrant & Stand –By Person )-
Refresher / Niosh
Authorised Gas Tester (Agt) & Entry Supervisor For Confined Space Course –
49 Ergonomics Seminar :Managing Ergonomics Issues In The Office / Niosh 2010
NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH
(COSH) 2011/ NIOSH
51 Incident And Injury Free (Iif) Training / Wasco 2011
52 Fire Safety Seminar/ BOMBA 2011
53 WASCO IIF Commitment Workshop/ WASCO 2011
54 Understanding An Integrated Management System/ Neville Clarke 2011
55 Accident And Investigation Training/ Dosh 2011
56 Cosh Conference/ Niosh 2011
57 Mshosh Conference/ Msosh 2011
Barried – Based Scat (Bscat) Accident Incident Investigation Training/ Det Not
59 Seminar Pembuangan Buangan Terjadual/ Doe Pahang 2012
60 Risk Assessment Using Bow Tie Method/ Ump / Khalif Safety 2012
61 Seminar Keselamatan Dan Kesihatan Pekerjaan/ Dosh Pahang 2012
62 Confined Space/ Dosh Pahang 2012
Pencaknaan Keselamatan Dan Kesihatan Pekerjaan Penggerak Transformasi/
64 Monitoring Of Noise Exposure/ Niosh Malaysia 2013
65 Seminar Pengurusan Bahan Kimia Dan Ergonomik / Niosh Malaysia 2014
66 Developing & Sustaining Safety Culture In Malaysia / University Malaysia Pahang 2014
67 Crucial Conversation/ Vital Smarts 2014
Conference And Exhibition On Osh (Cosh 2014) / Dosh / Niosh 2014
Seminar Kebangsaan Keselamatan Dan Kesihatan Pekerjaan Disektor Pembinaan
2014/ Dosh Malaysia
Nebosh International Technical Certificate In Oil And Gas Operational Safety/
Armada Osh For Nebosh International
Page 10 of 11