O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
• Productions what a production company is for.
• The Production of music has 3 processes; Pre-production,
production and post-production.
• A production company produces CD’s and digital copies to be
distributed either through another company or in the recent
day and age via the internet.
• With the new age of the internet finding new aspiring artists
has been a lot easier for production companies due to
websites such as YouTube and sound cloud or even social
networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Tumblr
• It is also easy to contact them through these meaning the
company can sign them, also the company can learn a lot
about them by there page.
• Once the music goes through Production it
then reaches distribution.
• Distribution are responsible for prints and
• They are usually apart of a parent company, probably as major as
well, however they might not be in which case there is long term
agreements between them and the production company.
• However there will be different distributors for different albums and
in different parts of the country as certain distributors may have a
name in music for doing certain genre or may be more well known in
• Music is much more easily distributed now due to the internet. It
can be done in the comfort of your home. It is open to a worldwide
• Once again Social Networking sites and other webpages like
YouTube. However this means music piracy comes into play and
allows you to get music for free.
• This is where the Distributor sells on the music to either; a
record store, e.g. HMV, that sells CD’s or a more modern
online approach such as through iTunes, Amazon etc, where
the music can be downloaded onto the computer then onto
more portable devices.
• Radios play the music in order to build fans before the release
date. This means that the music has a larger, eager audience
that wants to buy the music.
• Meaning music, these days, is more popularly listened to by
portable means. However it can also be listened to through;
TV, advertisements, films etc. Cross media convergence.
• This method is a non-profitable means. However once again it
builds awareness of the music.