Guidelines for Group Activity
1. Go to your assigned groups silently.
2. Discuss with your group who will be your leader, timer, recorder and presenter.
3. Follow the steps in doing the activity as written in the activity sheet.
4. Avoid making unnecessary noise and clutter.
5. Do the activity as fast as you can.
6. Immediately post your outputs.
7. Clean your working area.
8. Respect your group mates and work harmoniously.
Some of the material absorb water more than others.
Cotton is very porous, which makes it a natural absorber of
Porous materials are materials are materials having small
holes that allow air or liquid to pass through.
Evaluation: Classify the materials according to their ability to absorb
water. Write A on the blank if it absorbs water and D if it does not absorb.
____1. paper ____ 4. towel
____ 2. cotton ball ____ 5. raincoat
____ 3. cellophane
Go around your home. Collect at least 10 materials
and test them as to whether or not the materials
absorb water. write your findings on your
ASSIGNMENT: ( Investigate further)