RECOVERY 2020 in Summary
• Most jobs will require applicants to have postsecondary
education and training beyond high school.
• More jobs will be available as baby boomers begin to retire.
• The fastest growing fields will be in STEM, healthcare
professions, healthcare support, and community services.
• Employers will be looking for cognitive skills such as active
listening, ability to communicate well, and critical thinking.
• Despite the existing variation between states’ educational
attainment, nearly all states will need to boost their rates of