O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Ready or not, 2016 is here.
Bringing on a whole new
set of challenges for marketers.
(And you thought 2015 was rough…)
Is your content...
More real-time than
More engaging than
the blue and black, er,
white and gold dress?
...and when you’re not competing with instantaneous memes
during the Super Bowl, you’re facing more constant threats.
Just to name a few.
KEEPING IT REAL
SHOW ME THE
white flag and
throw in the
Take a deep breath.
Put down the smartphone.
We’re here to help.
We’ve taken a fresh look at these pitfalls, and
created a new map to help you navigate them.
Peel back the layers a bit, and these six obstacles
actually present some pretty great opportunities.
Want to see how?
...Let’s get started.
Try to click on any of them?
(It won’t work; they’re just pictures.)
But if we can lure you in here, just think what this
content can do to users on social.
Can you compete?
Your posts will always be shown in-line with other
engaging content - but that’s a good thing.
Those other posts keep users active.
That being said, you can’t let this other content
drown out your message.
Click Bait Survival Strategy
• Forget about whether a post is “paid” or “organic”, and just focus on
making content people want to see.
• Emphasize quality over quantity. It’s better to create and promote 5
good posts rather than flood your page with 20 mediocre ones.
• Make sure your posts have something to offer. Do they provide at least
one of our 4 Es of Content Value?
Emotional: Give ‘em the warm fuzzies
Educational: School your audience
Entertainment: Put on a show
Economic: Money talks, so talk money ...with promotions, discounts, etc.
• If all else fails, don’t be afraid to have some fun. T-Swift’s latest jam may
not have much to do with your product, but that doesn’t mean you can’t
work it into your messaging.
Noooo, not Peeta byte…
1 peta byte = 1015
(that’s 625k iPhones full of data)
All this information presents some major advertising opportunities:
• Advanced interest and behavior targeting
• Hyper-accurate Lookalike Audience modeling
• Automated retargeting with Dynamic Product Ads
But trying to pull insights from this data can feel like
looking for a needle in 1,000,000,000,000,000 haystacks.
Data Overload Survival Strategy
• Predetermine the metrics that matter for your campaign
• CPC, CPA, CPM, CTR... Before you spend a single penny, establish which KPIs
you plan to focus on.
• Create a reporting cycle that incorporates data at every stage of the game
• Use targeting tools to generate audiences based on users who are
statistically more likely to engage with your content.
• Analyze spend daily or even hourly, re-allocating funds toward your most
successful ads. Adjust the creative on those that are not performing as well.
• Wrap up campaigns with full-scope reporting that looks back on ad
performance, user sentiment, on-site conversions, and/or in-store lift.
• Incorporate internal AND external data
• The best tools are often the ones you have in your own back pocket. Create
audiences from internal CRM systems, then trigger ads that reach users
in key moments using data like weather events, sporting events, television
events, or even inventory levels.
Think all users see your ads in the same way?
One screen size does not fit all.
In fact, users are more likely
to see your ads and content
on mobile than on desktop.
Time Spent Online Per Day
US Adults Age 18-34
Source: ComScore July, 2015
IT’S TIME TO GO MOBILE
These itty-bitty screens might not
seem like a big threat.
But every time a user logs on with their
smartphone, advertisers face:
Slower load times.
Shorter online sessions.
And, yes, now ad blockers, too!
Face it. These latte-sipping, channel-flipping,
ad-blocking multi-taskers are tuning you out.
You’ve got one chance to catch their eye, keep them
engaged, AND get them to click.
Want to know how?
Mobile Migration Survival Strategy
• Shorten copy, simplify images, and include a clear CTA to get
your message across no matter how fast someone is scrolling or how
distracted they might be.
• For videos, remember that sound is a luxury. Not all users have sound
turned on, so create videos that make sense “on mute.”
• Avoid wasting dollars and frustrating users with slow load times. Target
“media heavy” (app installs, videos, large images, etc.) ads by cell signal or
• For app ads, customize screen shots to reflect your target device and
Want to see all 6 obstacles?
Download your free copy of the
2016 Social Marketing Survival Guide below:
GET THE GUIDE