2. Reasons why Infographics are being used
To communicate a message.
To present a lot of data or information in a way
that is compact and easy to comprehend.
To analyse data in order to discover cause and
To periodically monitor the rout of certain
5. Types of Infographics
1. Cause and Effect – explain casual relationships
between various physical or conceptual stages (i.e.
the status of the global economy)
6. 2. Chronological Infographics – explain an event or
process as it happened in time.
(***Note: Presenting information on a timeline
enables readers to analyze the temporal
relationship between various stages of a
7. 3. Quantitative Infographics – convey statistical data
to readers quickly and clearly. It can be regarded as
flow charts of an organizational structure that can
explain the hierarchy and responsibilities of
8. 4. Directional Infographics – can navigate readers
through information. Numbers, symbols, icons,
diagrams, graphs, tables, arrows and bullets are
used to communicate information.
9. 5. Product Infographics – can be seen on notice
boards at factories and corporate offices, conveying
information to all employees and visitors.
10. Image Manipulation
Is the art of transforming an image to convey what
you want, rather than what the original image may
(***Note: In designing an online environment,
image manipulation is an important skill that can
help you improve your design.***)
12. Basic Image Manipulation Techniques
1. Cropping – a technique where you cut out
distracting background or clutter of irrelevant
objects around an image.
13. 2. Resizing – changing the size of the image
depending on the usage.
14. 3. Brightness and Contrast – increases the
separation between the dark and the bright
making shadows darker and highlights brighter
15. 4. Sharpening and Softening – is a tool that gives
emphasis on textures and for drawing focus
16. 5. Automatic Image Enhancement – Are basic
automatic image improvement features in
camera and image editing programs. This feature
usually corrects color imbalances, red eye
reductions and zoom features.
17. 6. Data Compression – many image files use data
compression or reduce file size to save storage
18. Tips in Editing Images
Choose the right file format
Choose the right image size