2. What was the research requirement?
The primary objective of this study was to understand the perceived economic outlook of C- level and senior
management in the upcoming months, and a review of how business has been so far by collecting information on
some key parameters.
o 10,000+ C-level interviewed annually
o The study covered 8 regions and 31 provinces spread
across 5 tiers in China
o The study included 4 firm sizes - large, medium, small & micro
o State-owned, private & multinational companies were part of
THE STUDY COVERED 30+ INDUSTRIES, INCLUDING
Banking and Finance
3. What were the challenges?
• The window of time between data
collection for programing, translation and
overlays of the survey was extremely small,
along with daily and weekly targets of
• Quotas nested at five levels, with around
400 unique quota cells to fill every wave,
had to be managed
• Data was required to be processed and
reported accurately for 100,000 unique data
points, across 20 different reports within 2
days of completing field work
4. How did Borderless Access tackle the problem?
• Daily data cleansing ensured that data quality remained
high without impacting the timelines in any way.
• Report layouts and requirements were run on partial
data and kept ready before completion of field work.
Two teams worked on the reports simultaneously to
meet the tight 2-day deadline. One team was
responsible for running the reports while the other
checked the outputs to ensure accuracy was maintained
• Daily client required thresholds were met by
monitoring and deploying small batches of
samples several times a day to ensure even spread
of interviews. This was achieved by using heat map
data to monitor quotas multiple times a day.
• The study achieved to meet all the requirements set by the
client within the stipulated time
• Pleased with the outcome of the study, the client extended the
duration of the tracker