Here's how we helped a leading healthcare product company understand the treatment options and other parameters related to pathological and progressive myopia by surveying physicians treating the patients.
A study to understand the issues around pathological and progressive myopia
1. A survey to understand the issues around
pathological and progressive myopia
Online Quantitative Survey
USA, UK, France, Germany and
Ophthalmologists and Retina
What was the research problem?
• Our client was interested in professional opinions of
ophthalmologists and retina specialists related to
terms of patient flow, current treatment options and
• The client wanted in-depth feedback from participants
about a new product profile that was to be shown to
them in the survey in the form of a concept.
What we suggested?
• We suggested online research
methodology, by the way of
programming the provided
questionnaire. With the client’s
assistance, we converted the
product concepts, along with
other materials, to an online
• We suggested a few changes to
the questionnaire based on our
extensive knowledge about local
realities of each market.
What were the challenges?
• Getting the required number of ophthalmologists and retina specialists was a challenge, especially
due to a drop in incidence rate during fielding.
• LOI was extended to above 25 minutes against the anticipated 10-15 minutes.
• The timelines provided for survey
programming along with concept
adoption were stringent.
• The required numbers had to be
achieved from a smaller universe
size of ophthalmologists in the said
markets through custom
How did Borderless Access solve the problem?
• Aligned multiple resources to programme the
survey, translate questionnaire and finish language
overlay which helped us get the survey ready within
• Convinced respondents to take part in the survey
by multiple reminder through e-mails, calls, and
• A Daily Review Process were planned and
• Physicians were pre-recruited while conducting
programming activities, which resulted in higher
response rates for the survey.
• Our team was able to wrap this study in
all markets and was successful in
achieving the required results in the
• Our client was excited with the results
from the various reports we presented.
• The methodology and our analysis
helped our client with easy and quick
• Successful and timely deliverables led to
client satisfaction as they reciprocated
with frequent and multiple healthcare