O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Contact Address: 6 William Street, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3HA
Telephone Number: +447907300757
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Entering my final year of a Masters in Mechanical Engineering having spent the past 12-months working for General
Electric in the Power Services division. Immediately prior to this I spent 2-months in Shenzhen, China, working for a
young and innovative Swiss engineering firm providing bespoke design and manufacturing solutions in the industrial,
medical and consumer markets.
My passion for engineering lies in creating the world around us and doing my part to help improve it. It is this exact
aim which I will look to work towards whilst learning from others and contributing to a business for the duration of
2012-PRESENT: MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering with Industrial Experience
University of Manchester (1st Class - Expected)
• Subjects Covered: All traditional mechanical engineering subjects taught in the first three years
also including an Individual Project, Operations Management, Mathematics, Instrumentation &
Measurement, Manufacturing and Renewable Energy Systems.
• Final Year: Includes a group design & build project. My selected modules include Advanced
Modelling and Simulation; Legal Issues; 3D Product Modelling & Additive Manufacturing;
Robotics, Metrology & Bio-engineering; Advanced Heat Transfer; Structural Integrity.
2004-2011: Foyle & Londonderry College, Londonderry, Northern Ireland
• A- levels: Maths (A), Physics (A), Technology & Design (A)
2 AS Levels: Business Studies (A), Further Mathematics (C: Self-taught)
• 10 GCSEs: Double Award Science (A* A*), Maths and Additional Mathematics (A* A*), IT (A*),
Technology & Design (A*), Business Studies (A*), English Literature (A), English Language (B),
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY/WORK EXPERIENCE
GE Power (ex-Alstom Power), Rugby (UK) – September 2015 - September 2016
Following GE's acquisition of Alstom's Grid & Power businesses I worked within the Thermal Services
sector of the company focussing on Steam Turbines which are used to generate electricity in an
overwhelming majority of the energy market; from nuclear to coal, oil & gas, thermal solar generation
and geothermal. Here I spent time rotating around 5 key departments: Modules Engineering,
Thermodynamics, Steampath, Service Engineering and Mechanical Integrity.
In each of these departments I benefited from the transfer of knowledge from legacy Alstom to GE
following the acquisition. Therefore I learnt a great deal about technical engineering aspects as well as the
company’s strategy & management which helped me to gain a greater understanding of the industry.
4Tec Solutions, Shenzhen (China) – June 2015 - August 2015
4Tec Solutions Ltd. is a young and innovative Swiss engineering firm based in Shenzhen developing
mechanical design & production solutions to worldwide clients in industrial, medical and consumer
industry to worldwide clients. My job role here included tasks to:
• Plan and manage the development of projects after industrial design stage to mass production
• Define product layout and assembly definitions, design mechanical assemblies and components
using ProEngineer 3D modelling
• Review concept testing results and engineering design
• Assess manufacturability of new products and liaise with suppliers for technical issues
• Establish 2D drawings using professional drafting standards
• Prepare mechanical engineering documents required for project planning, such as BOM, component
specifications and technical reports, and support FMEA activities
• Analyse and solve technical problems using scientific approaches such as mathematics, physics,
tolerance analysis, FEA, simulations, prototyping, etc.
• Assist in production launching and quality problem solving for new products
E&I Engineering, County Londonderry (N. Ireland) – 2009-2010 (Voluntary project over 4 months)
Selected within my school from over 30 applicants to take part in a team of 4 where I was then elected team
leader. The basis of the project was:
· To work alongside the company in a regional scheme (CREST) to come up with a solution for a
major problem put forward by the company (Thermal expansion in high current busbars).
· Present a suitable, useable solution to the company for them to prototype and develop to meet
· Present our final findings at the end of the project to a panel for evaluation
Working with this company taught me how to deal with electrical integrity standards whilst trying to solve a
mechanical engineering problem, how to communicate ideas effectively and present them in a short time-frame.
By the end of the project our team was accredited with the ‘Sentinus Gold CREST Award’.
CMC Markets, Financial District (London) – 2009 (Week-long work experience)
Working with this derivatives company in London’s financial district I developed a basic understanding of
how the financial markets operate in a general sense and how the company itself fits into the market. Here I
shadowed experienced workers in four key departments of the company including client services,
management, trading and risk.
2006-2013: Various part-time jobs primarily Hospitality & Catering.
Pre-dominantly waiting tables and processing customer orders/queries in a restaurant or take-away
environment either in-person or over the telephone. Also, experience working in a convenience store
managing stock rotation and processing customers transactions in a fast-paced environment.
TECHNICAL ENGINEERING SKILLS
• Software: Abaqus, ANSYS, ANSYS Fluent, Bladed, Cambridge Material Selector
• Programming Languages: LabVIEW, MATLAB, Fortran 95, Python, Arduino
• Design experience using Solid-Works, CATIA V5, ProEngineer, Moldflow, 2D technical drawings
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
AWARDS & ACHEIVEMENTS
• Two awards for General Excellence from Foyle & Londonderry College
• Sentinus Gold CREST Award
• Full UK Driving License
• Affiliate member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
• Member of the University of Manchester’s Formula Student team (2 years)
• Student Representative for the University’s Mechanical Engineering degree course (1 year)
• Interests and Activities: Active Investing, Guitar, Computer Programming - Arduino, LabVIEW,
Sports - Rugby, Football, Golf
References available upon request