1. A STUDY ON DEALER
2. COMPANY PROFILE
• Ariyalur unit has commenced its commercial
production 1st Aug 1979.
• The installed capacity is 5 lakshs tons per
• Tamil Nadu cement company corporation was
established February 1976.
• The units has high degree of professionalism in
the manufacture of OPC 33, 43 & 53 garage.
• Undertaking the corporation is headed by
chairman cum managing director and IAS
official deputed by Tamil Nadu Govt.
• Dealers play a important role in the channel of distribution,
particularly in case of products like cement. Dealers can
influence the buying patterns of the customers and also
that people who can judge the pulse of market.
• To assess the effectiveness of promotional tools to improve
the sales as opined by the dealers.
• To analyse the factors that affect the dealers preference
in dealing with cement.
• To understand the strength and weakness of Arasu Cement
• To find the arasu cement brand, in terms of movements
• To study the satisfaction of dealers towards service,
4. RESEARCH DESIGN
sampling plan :
• Data : Primary data
• Researcher design : Survey
• Researcher instrument : Questionnaire
• Method of contact : personal
• Percentage analysis
• Chi square
• 70% of the respondents belong to the age group of 30-45,
and 66% of the respondents have 5-10 years experience.
• 84% respondents claims that the fast moving cement brand
• Out of the 50 dealers surveyed a good majority (90%)
appreciates the pricing of Arasu cement, and 50% of the
respondents claims that the brand availability at the time
of order for Arasu cement is good .
• 26 % of dealers claims arasu cement does not satisfied
about sufficient delivery
• Direct selling to builders and construction companies should
• Dealers can be asked to under take their own promotional
activities like regional advertising etc., on a cost sharing
• Promoting the brand through wall paintings can bring more
awareness. Such responsibilities can be given to the
• Although brand availability is better for Arasu cement, it
should be improved as only 50% of the dealers appreciate
it. This naturally will lead to better sales and satisfaction
of the dealers.
• From the study it can be concluded that the
overall satisfaction for Arasu cement in good
Arasu cement stands best a quality also.
• Dealers are satisfied about the price, quality,
channel of distribution, dealer sales support etc.,
• But focus needs to the placed on credit period,
advertising and promotional activities and to some
extent on brand availability. This is sure to
improve the success of Arasu cement.
8. SCOPE &LIMITATIONS
• Fast moving brand of cement & Dealers opinion on price fluctuation
• Opinion about promotional support
The study was carried out in Perambalur, Tanjore, Trichy, Districts
only, owing to time and cost limitations.
• Simple size who limited to 90 due to time and cost constrains.
• This research was conducted among dealers only for obtaining
consumer response, further survey among users of cement is
• The results of the study can be applied only to Arasu cement and
not for other similar brands or geographical areas.