For This Project We Use Mainly Three Methods Such As
1.View Of Professional And General Public:-
2.Interview Method :-
3. Survey Method :-
View of Professionals and general public
•They are not completely satisfied about safe and effectiveness of
•They have no any commission from manufacturer for prescribing generics
like commission on branded.
•Generic medicines do not give patient health result as compared to
•They get minimum profits on sale of generics drugs as compared to
•Less demand of generics by consumers
•The pharmacist can dispense any brand of the drugs when the prescriber
writes the generic name on a prescription.
•66% of general public didn’t have the knowledge about generic medicine
•Long term disease:- generic medicines
•Short term disease:- branded medicines
Literate Population – 100 People Local Population – 100 People, Pharmacist- 50
I. For professionally qualified science background individual questionnaire
Q.1. Are you using any generic
Q.2. Do you know any medical shop
where generic medicines are
II. Pharmacist Professional’s Questionnaire
Q.1. Is there any quality difference
between generic and branded medicines?
Q.2. Is there any availability issue of
III. Non-science educated individuals
Q.1. Do generic medicines have same
effect as branded medicines?
Q.2 Generic medicines are safe as branded
A survey was conducted among the following pharmacist to know about their
revenue (earning capital from shop) from the generic and branded medicines.
Mr. Yogesh Dehankar, Pharmacist, Kalpataruu Medicals Kalmeshwar,
2021 REVENU OF SHOP
AMOUNT IN LAKH
FEB 2022 REVENU OF SHOP
AMOUNT IN RUPEES
03/03/2022 REVENU OF SHOP
AMOUNT IN RUPEES
TOPIC – SELLING OF GENERIC MEDICINES VS BRANDED MEDICINES
Topic – Price OF Generic Medicines Vs Branded Medicines
A Survey Was Conducted for different price of The Generic And Branded Medicines.
Product Company Quantity Num. Of Tab. Price
Baclofen 10mg Mesmer Pharmaceuticals 10 Mg 10 82.00
Lioresal 10mg Tab Novartis India 10 Mg 10 100.38
Baclof 10mg Tab 10s Intas Pharmaceuticals
10 Mg 10 91.52
Bacfen 10mg Tab 10s Icon Life Sciences 10 Mg 10 107.00
Liofen 10 Mg Tab Sun Pharmaceuticals
10 Mg 10 118.00
Liofen XL 10mg Cap Sun Pharmaceuticals
10 Mg 10 140.00
Product Company Quantity Num. of Tab Price
Rabeprazole 20mg Active health care 20mg 10 24.00
RRD Cap 10s Blue cross of india 20mg 10 32.00
Ecorab DRS capsule 10s Indiabulls pharmaceutical 20mg 10 32.90
Pirazole DRS capsule Abbott india 20mg 10 38.90
Cyra-D cap 10s Systopic laboratories
20mg 10 40.00
Rabez D cap 10s Genix pharma ltd. 20mg 10 48.95
• Generic drugs are cheaper because the manufacturers have not had the expenses of
developing and marketing a new drug
• 50 per cent of the generic drug production is by brand-name companies.
• Generic versions of a drug have different colures, flavors or combinations of inactive
ingredients than the original medications.
• All generic manufacturing, packaging, and testing sites must pass the same quality
standards as those of brand name drugs.
• If the levels of the drug in the bloodstream are the same as the levels found when the
brand name drug is used, the generic drug will work the same.”
• The only difference between a brand name drug and its generic version is the price.
• People are more doubtful about difference in effectiveness and quality.
• According to pharmacist most of the patient strictly followed prescription which mostly
contain branded drug
• The sale of the generic medicines is slightly lower than that of branded medicines.
• Now days sell of branded medicines is 45% more than the branded medicines
• The last year the sale of branded drug is about 69.34% more than the generic drug.
• The price of generic medicines is lower than that of branded medicines.
• The price of the generic medicines is about 20% to 70% lower than that of branded
• Doctors and pharmacist are much more aware about generic
• In last 5 to 6 years, the sale of the generic medicines was increase
• In ruler areas, sale of generic medicines was increases up to 40%
• In urban areas the sale of generic medicines also increases up to 65%
• The price of the generic medicines is about 20% to 70% lower than
that of branded medicines