O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
• American children start school at the age of five years. It is required of all American children enrolled in the American education system. Preschool – 5th Grade
• Middle School (a.k.a Secondary school) most commonly consists of a total of seven years, referred to as sixth through ninth grades. At this time, students are given more independence.• The ninth through twelfth grades are most commonly referred to as high school. Upon completion of twelfth grade, American students are awarded a certificate called the high school diploma.
After achieving high school diploma, students will joincolleges or universities to pursue their undergraduate course of study. They offer two types of degrees:Associate Degree Bachelors Degree This is a four-year program at theThis is a two-year program undergraduate level. This is the first offered. The program is degree with which most students plan mostly offered by their career or profession. Community, Vocational First year -> Freshman Year , Second -> Sophomore Year, Third -> Junior Year and Junior Colleges. and Fourth ->Senior Year.
• These degrees are called the „Master of Arts (M.A), Master of Sciences (M.S), and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). Duration of these programs range from one to five years, depending upon the course and level of study.• Most of the Master‟s level programs are of two years and Doctoral level are of four years duration.
• Admission into Doctoral level programs is possible normally after completion of Master‟s. However, US universities are flexible in admitting even those with a Bachelor‟s degree.• Typically, the duration of Doctoral level programs is between 3 and 6 years, depending on the field of research and university.
• Education in the US universities is on a semester system, the main one being the Fall semester, which starts in August/September.
A B C D F+ – + – + – + –100 96 92 89 86 82 79 76 72 69 66 62 Belo 97 93 90 87 83 80 77 73 70 67 63 60 w 60
• The mean annual Total Cost (including all costs associated with a full-time post-secondary schooling, such as tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board), as reported by collegeboard.com for 2010:• Public University (4 years): $27,967 (per year)• Private University (4 years): $40,476 (per year)Total, four year schooling:• Public University: $81,356• Private University: $161,904
Harvard University• Cambridge, MA• Harvard University is a private institution in Cambridge, Mass., just outside of Boston. This Ivy League school is the oldest higher education institution in the country and has the largest endowment of any school in the world.Princeton University• Princeton, NJ• Princeton was the first university to offer a “no loan” policy to financially needy students, giving grants instead of loans to accepted students who need help paying tuition.Yale University• New Haven, CT•Yale University Offers a small college life with the resources of a major research institution. Yale students are divided into 12 residential colleges that foster a supportive environment for living, learning, and socializing.
• Homeschooling in the United States constitutes the education for about 2.9% of U.S.• United States Supreme Court precedent appears to favor educational choice, so long as states may set standards for educational accomplishment.
• A survey in 2007 came to the result that the main motivations selected by parents in the United States who were homeschooling their children were: Percentage Motivation of parents A concern about the school environment 85% A desire to provide religious or moral 72% instruction A dissatisfaction with academic 68% instruction at other schools Child has special needs 21% Child has a physical or mental health problem 16% Other reasons 20%
• Most children are educated in schools in the state sector, only a small portion of studies in special schools, primarily for academic skills.
• Today, education is compulsory from age five to sixteen years of age.• In the UK there are four parallel education systems. Based in England, Wales and Northern Ireland we can conclude the following.
• Different stages within the school education Age 2-5 pre-school Age 5-11 primary education Age 11-16/18 Secondary education• In some cases there is an intermediate stage (middle school) between primary and secondary.• In every school is required to respect the national curriculum.
• By law, it also includes religion classes, and for high school students, sex education. However, parents have the right to withdraw their children from these classes.
• After completing compulsory education can continue their education.• Those who choose the academic path will yield a number of advanced tests at eighteen, which are the traditional requirements to access university education.
• The second way is the vocation. This option includes subjects more directly oriented toward immediate job prospects. However, if given the highest level of the tests, also allow them to apply for admission to college.
• England has some of the best international universities, the University of Cambridge, Oxford University, Imperial College London and University College London are rankedamong the ten best in the world.• According to the TIMSS (Trends in International Mathematics and Science), students in England are the seventh best in math and science sixth
• In the UK, according to the Education Reform Act of 1988, religious education is part of the core curriculum, although not developed specifically. This is non-denominational education (with a multi- religious but emphasizes Christiani ty), and differs according to the locality in which the school is.
• The home education is a phenomenon that has always existed in the past being the only form of intellectual instruction. A supporter of education at home is the United Kingdom.
• In 1995 it was estimated that 15,000 families used in the home education in Britain constituted a 50 percent increase over the previous year.
In Mexico, basic education is normally divided in three steps: primaryschool (primaria), comprising ages 6-12; junior high school (secundaria),comprising ages 12-15; and high school (preparatoria), comprising ages15-18. (because in the major parts of mexico the high school is until 18years)Primary SchoolThe terms "Primary School" or "Elementary School" usually correspondsto primaria, comprising grades 1-6, when the students age is 6 to 12years old. It starts the basic compulsory education system.Depending on the school, a bilingual education may be offered fromthe beginning, where half the day instruction is in Spanish, and the rest isin a second language, for example, English or French.Roberto Doñez 1511605
• Junior High School – The terms "Junior High School" or "Middle School" usually correspond to secundaria, since when the students age are 12 to 15 years old. It is part of the basic compulsory education system, it follows primary school, and comes before proper "high school" (preparatoria). – At this level, more specialized subjects may be taught such as Physics and Chemistry, and World History.• High School – The term "High School" (United States) or gymnasium (German, Dutch systems) usually corresponds to preparatoria or bachillerato, comprising grades 10-12, when the students age is 15 to 18 years old. Preparatoria traditionally consists of three years of education, divided into six semesters, with the first semesters having a common curriculum, and the latter ones allowing some degree of specialization, either in physical sciences (electricity, chemistry, biology, etc.) or social sciences (commerce, philosophy, law, etc.).Roberto Doñez 1511605
• Higher education – Higher education usually follows the US education model with an at least 4-year Bachelors degreeundergraduate level (Licenciatura), and two degrees at the postgraduate level, a 2-year Masters degree (Maestría), and a 3-year Doctoral degree (Doctorado). This structure of education very closely conforms to the Bologna Process started in Europe in 1999, allowing Mexican students to study abroad and pursue a Masters degree after Licenciatura, or a Doctoral degree after Maestría.Roberto Doñez 1511605
• National Autonomous University of Mexico The main campus in Mexico City. The Central Library.Roberto Doñez 1511605
The Rectorate (left) and the CETEC towers at the Monterrey Campus. The Old Library Building, current Rectorate, was designed by Enrique de la Mora, displays abas relief by Jorge González Camarena and holds one of the largest collections of Don Quixote incunabula, an original edition of LEncyclopédie and other bibliographical treasures.Roberto Doñez 1511605
The rectorate tower at the main campus.Roberto Doñez 1511605