1. 5G Technology
• Submitted to - Er. Manvendra &
Er. Prinu Phlip
• Department - Electronics & Comm.
• Submitted By -
• ID - 16BTECE014
• Programme - B.Tech (ECE)
• Evolution from 1G to 5G
• Comparison of 1G to 5G Technology
• Hardware & Software of 5G
• Features of 5G Technology
• Advantages of 5G Technology
• Disadvantage of 5G Technology
• Applications of 5G Technology
• 5G stands for fifth generation advancement communication technology.It
require high frequency range of sub 6 GHz and millimeter waves.
• The millimeter wave ( 10mm to 1mm ) covering a frequency range
30GHz to 300GHz, and enabling a 20 Mbps data rate to distances up to 2
• The millimetre-wave band is the most effective solution to the recent
surge in wireless Internet usage. These specifications are capable of
providing ‘wireless world wide web’ (WWWW) applications.
• The WWWW allows a highly flexible network (flexible channel
bandwidth between 5 and 20 MHz, optimally up to 40 MHz), and
dynamic ad-hoc wireless network (DAWN).
It Developed in 1980s & completed in
It is Based on analog system
Speed up to 2.4 kbps
Advance Mobile Phone System (AMPS) was launched by the US & it was
the 1G mobile system
It Allows user to make voice calls in 1 country
6. DRAWBACKS OF 1G
• Poor Voice Quality.
• Poor Battery Life.
• Large Phone Size.
• No Security.
• Limited Capacity.
• Poor Handoff Reliability. 1G Wireless System
Developed in late 1980s & completed in
Based on digital system
Speed up to 64 kbps
Services such are digital voice & SMS with more clarity
Semi global facility
2G are the handsets we are using today, with 2.5G
having more capabilities
8. DRAWBACK OF 2G
• 2G requires strong digital signals
to help mobile phones work.
If there is no network coverage in any
specific area , digital signals would weak.
• These systems are unable to handle
complex data such as Videos.
2G Wireless System
Developed between late 1990s & early 2000s
until present day.
Transmission speed from 125 kbps to 2 Mbps.
Superior voice quality.
Good clarity in video conference.
E-mail, PDA, information surfing, on-line
shopping, banking, games, etc.
Global roaming. 3G Wireless System
10. DRAWBACKS OF 3G
• Expensive fees for 3G Licenses Services
• It was challenge to build the infrastructure for 3G.
• High Bandwidth Requirement.
• Expensive 3G Phones.
• Large Cell Phones.
3G Wireless System
Developed in 2010.
Faster & more reliable.
Speed up to 100 Mbps.
12. DRAWBACKS OF 4G
• Battery uses is more.
• Hard to implement.
• Need complicated hardware.
• Expensive equipment required
to implement next generation network.
Next major phase of mobile
telecommunication & wireless system.
10 times more capacity than others.
Expected speed up to 1 Gbps.
More faster & reliable than 4G.
Lower cost than previous generations.
15. HARDWARE & SOFTWARE OF 5G
• Uses UWB (Ultra Wide Band)
networks with higher BW at low
• BW is of 4000 Mbps, which is 400
times faster than today’s wireless
• Uses smart antenna
• Uses CDMA (Code Division
• 5G will be single unified standard
of different wireless networks,
including LAN technologies,
LAN/WAN, WWWW- World Wide
Wireless Web, unified IP &
seamless combination of
• Software defined radio, encryption,
16. FEATURES OF 5G TECHNOLOGY
• High resolution for crazy cell phone users
• Bi-directional large BW
• Less traffic
• 25 Mbps connectivity speed
• Enhanced & available connectivity just about the world
• Uploading & Downloading speed of 5G touching the peak (up to 1 Gbps)
• Better & fast solution
17. ADVANTAGE OF 5G TECHNOLOGY
• Data BW of 1 Gbps or higher.
• Globally accessible.
• Dynamic information access.
• Available at low cost.
18. DISADVANTAGE OF 5G TECHNOLOGY
• Maybe, any of your old devices would not be competent to 5G, hence, you
have to replace with new one.
• Need high cost to developing infrastructure.
• Security and privacy issues.
19. APLICATIONS OF 5G TECHNOLOGY
Wearable devices with AI (Artificial Intelligence) capabilities
Pervasive (Global) networks
Media independent handover
Radio resource management
VoIP (Voice over IP) enabled devices
With 6th sense technology
We have proposed 5G wireless concept designed as an open platform on
The new coming 5G technology will be available in the market at
affordable rates, high peak future & much reliability than preceding