Training Slides of Competency gaps for Professional Development discussing the importance of Performance.
For further information regarding the course, please contact:
10. Set of
Relates to the
ability to do,
Relates to information
tasks or activities
14. Key Behavior Indicators
• Independently researches for information and solutions to
• Ability to know what needs to be done or find out
(research) and take steps to get it done
• Ask questions when not sure of what the problem is or to
gain more information.
• Able to identify the underlying or main problem.
• Shows willingness to experiment with new things.
• Develops a list of decision making guidelines to help arrive
at logical solutions.
24. Knowledge Transfer / Management
•Best Practice Meetings or Studies
•Communities of Practice
•Retirees on Retainer
•Critical Incident Reviews
•Electronic Performance Support
•Structured On the Job Training
25. Monitor, Evaluate and Revise
– Measure progress to access what’s working and
– Make adjustments to plan as needed and address
new workforce and organizational issues.
33. Mythbusters Activity
• Myth or Fact?
– People don’t want more responsibility.
– Employees don’t want more work if they already have too much
on their plate, but they want more opportunities to expand
their knowledge within their job.
– Don’t overload employees with too much work and give
opportunities to expand their knowledge within their job.
34. Mythbusters Activity
• Myth or Fact?
– Loyalty is dead
– People are changing jobs and careers more often, but if employees
are getting the training to expand their career within the company,
then they will stay loyal to them.
– Offering opportunities to expand within their job and career for the
41. Close the Gap
– Determine what gaps exist between our current
and projected workforce needs.
– Develop and implement strategy to close the gap.
These strategies include knowledge transfer,
recruiting, training/ retaining, restructuring
organizations, leadership development, succession
planning, technology, enhancements, etc.
– Knowledge Transfer Concepts
47. Management and Leadership
• Plan for effective project implementation
• Budget, Organise ,direct and control task people and
• Staff management and technical development
• Manage continuous quality improvements
61. Example Core Competency
“Collaborating & Partnership”
Definition: Effectively develop relationships and
collaborate with all stakeholders; value teamwork
and apply a variety of strategies to meet the
needs of a diverse constituency.
74. Types of Behavioral Competencies
(people managers & other leaders)
Teamwork and Cooperation
Judgment and Decision Making
Transformers of Government
Additional Behavioral Competencies
Creativity and Innovation
Negotiation and Influence
84. Organizational Development: How
Effective Is It?
more often benefited from
OD interventions than did
(Source: Porras and Robertson, 1992.)