O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
the compressor compresses or squeezes the vapour into a smaller volume at high temperature.
Air-Cooled types are usually used in the residential and small offices applications.
Water-Cooled There are 3 types commonly being used. They are shell and tube, shell and coil, and double tube. The most commonly used is the shell and tube type and are usually available from two tons up to couple of hundred tons.
Evaporative type which is a combination of water and air-cooled.
High pressure liquid turns to the low pressure liquid.
The liquid refrigerant leaving the expansion valve is quite cold.
Evaporator is an important component AS WELL AS compressor , condenser and expansion devices.
Outdoor unit situated on or near the wall outside of the wall Outdoor and indoor units are interconnected with a pipework wich carrys refregirent gas indoor unit, houses the compressor, condenser, and the expansion coil or capillary tubing which are the main parts of an Air Conditioning system.
In this system all the components are located in a single box And it is applied in an appropriate hole in the wall using a metal frame
This system is used for apply for large areas such as over 5 tons
Air conditioning system
AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM
COMPONENTS OF THE AIR CONDITIONING
PROCESS OF THE CYCLE OF AIR CONDITIONER
Building Services is what make the building comes to its life.
• What makes the building work.
• Building should be designed in such a way to provide an
environment, where people can feel comfortable, work, live and
• So everything inside a building which make it safe and comfortable,
comes under the title of Building Services.
IMPORTANT BUILDING SERVICES
• Fire Services
• Plumbing and Drainage
• Lift Services
• Building Automation
WHY WE NEED AC ?
• Due to the various sources of heat the temperature
inside the room becomes very high and the relative
humidity can also be high. Further, there can also
be less flow of air inside the room. All these factors
lead to creation of highly uncomfortable conditions
inside the room
Electrical and electronic appliances
THE HEAT PRODUCES IN TWO WAYS
WHAT IS AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM
Air conditioning is the process of removing heat from a
confined space, thus cooling the air, and removing humidity. Air
conditioning can be used in both domestic and commercial
environments. This process is used to achieve a more comfortable
interior environment, typically for humans or animals, however, air
conditioning is also used to cool/dehumidify rooms filled with heat-
producing electronic devices, such as computer servers, power
amplifiers, and even to display and store artwork.
BASIC ELEMENTS OF AIR
• Air conditioner compressor is used
to remove the heat-laden vapour
refrigerant from the evaporator of the
air conditioning systems.
• There are basically 5 types of air conditioner compressor
that are commonly used in the HVAC industry:
In systems involving heat
transfer, a condenser is a
device or unit used to condense
a substance from its gaseous to
its liquid state, by cooling it
• There are basically three types of condensing unit
depending on how the heat is removed by the
condensing medium which is usually water, air or a
combination of both.
• The main purpose of this is removes pressure from the liquid
refrigerant to allow expansion or change of state from a liquid
to a vapor in the evaporator.
• The high pressure refrigerant entering the expansion valve is
• The is mainly two types used in the air condition system
1. Internally equalized valve : most common.
2. Externally equalized valve : for special control.
• It is remove heat from air , water or other
• Refrigerant liquid is converted to gas,
absorbing heat from the air in the
TYPES OF AIR CONDITIONERS
• There are three types of air conditioners
• Room Air Conditioning system
» Split Air Conditioning system
» Window Air Conditioning system
• Package Air Conditioning system
» Water cooled condenser
» Air cooled condenser
• Central Air Conditioning system
» Direct expansion or DX central Air Conditioning plant
» Chilled water central Air Conditioning plant
ROOM AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM
• Split Air Conditioning system
This is consisted with two parts,
– Types of Split Air Conditioning system
• Ceiling Mounted (Cassette Unit)
• Floor Mounted
• Duct type
ROOM AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM CNT.
Window Air Conditioning system
This is the most common system for single rooms
ROOM AIR CONDITIONING UNIT CNT.
Split Air Conditioning system Vs. Window Air Conditioning system
Split Unit Window unit
Suitable for small rooms with a
Suitable any room with or
without a window
Noise is relatively on the
Capacity range is 0.75 ton to 2
Capacity range 0.8 to 2 ton
Ease of installation Need some effort in installation
PACKAGE AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM
• Water cooled condenser
In this system condenser is cooled by water.Water has to be
supplied continuously in these systems to maintain functioning of the air conditioning system.
The water cooled condenser is used as a function to reject the heat that was absorbed by the
refrigerant in the evaporator. Water which is used for the purpose is transferred to a drain line
after using in the condenser.
PACKAGE AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM CNT.
Air cooled condenser
This system is called as air cooled
condenser because in this system atmospheric air is used for cooling
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF CENTRAL AIR
• Split-system unit
• Packaged unit
• In many split-system air conditioners, this indoor cabinet
also contains a furnace or the indoor part of a heat pump.
• The air conditioner's evaporator coil is installed in the
cabinet or main supply duct of this furnace or heat pump.
• If your home already has a furnace but no air conditioner,
a split-system is the most economical central air
conditioner to install.
PACKAGED CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONER
• In a packaged central air conditioner, the evaporator, condenser,
and compressor are all located in one cabinet, which usually is
placed on a roof or on a concrete slab next to the house's
• This type of air conditioner also is used in small commercial
CHILLED WATER CENTRAL AIR
• The chilled water types of central air conditioning plants are
installed in the place where whole large buildings, shopping mall,
airport, hotel, etc. comprising of several floors are to be air
• In chilled water plants, the ordinary water is chilled to very low
temperatures of about 6 to 8 degree Celsius by the refrigeration
DIRECT EXPANSION (DX) TYPE OF CENTRAL
AIR CONDITIONING PLANT
• In the direct expansion or DX types of air central conditioning plants
the air used for cooling space is directly chilled by the refrigerant in
the cooling coil of the air handling unit. Since the air is cooled
directly by the refrigerant the cooling efficiency of the DX plants is
THREE MAIN COMPARTMENTS OF THE DX TYPE OF
CENTRAL CONDITIONING SYSTEMS
• DX Central Air Conditioning Plant
• The Plant Room
• The Air Handling Unit Room
• Air Conditioned Room