O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Blu-Smart as an Electric Vehicle Fleet Aggregator has presented views on Lithium-Ion Batteries - Reuse, and Recycling for same. The presentation also elaborates on the EV financing challenges, market of secondary LiB, measures & policies to strengthen the secondary battery market. (click here to read more)
Lithium Ion Battery - Reuse & Recycling_Blu-Smart_19.09.2019
Lithium Ion Batteries (LIB) -
Reuse and Recycling
Electric Vehicle Fleet Aggregator
• Blu Smart is reinventing urban mobility.
• We are bringing together and aggregating the world's most
innovative mobility concepts under a single mobility
platform [under one roof] :
– Car-Sharing and
BLU SMART MOBILITY
(All Electric Cab)
Blu Smart™ is a 100% electric vehicles powered smart mobility and smart charging platform.
We provide 100% Electric, Zero Tailpipe Emission, Zero Surge Price, Zero Driver Cancellation, Noiseless
Premium Sedan Ride experience.
Blu Smart™ is a sharing economy solution for modern urbanites who want access to flexible and affordable
We are building an ecosystem for multi-modal zero emission smart mobility and smart charging solutions.
With Blu Smart™ – the customer always gets the most affordable and the most convenient way to get to their
Anmol Singh Jaggi
(Co-founder, Blu Smart Mobility)
• Built one of the World’s Largest Solar Platforms for Project
Engineering, Design, Consulting, Advisory, Operations,
• Has executed and overseen 20GW+ of Renewable Energy
installations globally across 13 Countries.
• Earned his B.Tech from University of Petroleum & Energy
• Has been accoladed with “Business World Young
Entrepreneur Award” as one of the Top Business Leaders in
• Responsible for operations and growth strategy at Blu Smart
Current Challenges With
EV Fleet Financing
Various challenges for Financing of EV Fleet are:
– Lock-In period is equal to life of vehicles with lease agencies
– Long term guarantees to be given.
– High level of securities to be submitted.
– Asset is non-fungible between users
– Lack of operational knowledge with financers
– Perceive notion about high capex, charging infra and charging time.
– Uncertainty in the Resell Value of EV because of under-developed Secondary market of
Batteries, less auto parts in EV, etc.
Statistics even in presence of challenges :
• First million EVs took 20 years to sell;
• Next million took 18 months;
• Third million took 8 months.
• Sales surpassed 4 million units current year.
• Projected to grow to 11 million globally by
2025, according to BNEF
Expected Market of EV Batteries
As per the Global Battery Alliance Report on LIB End of Life Market, about 50 % of the batteries
that reach end-of-life find their way to recyclers around the world. The reasons for this are many:
batteries are stored or hoarded, they are disposed of but not recycled, or they are reused in other
Blu-Smarts View on Secondary Market For LIB
No defined market
Transparent pricing to be provided for LIBs
After utilization in EVs for 3-4 years, LIBs can be used for second life with resized lower
capacity like Domestic utilization for another (3-4 years) eg Tesla wall.
After secondary utilization, batteries can be recycled eg. Urban mining etc.
Measures & Policies to Strengthen
Secondary Market For LIB
• Automotive and Battery Original Equipment Manufacturers
– Automotive and battery OEMs should include onboard diagnostic capabilities that accurately track the
state of health of individual cells.
– This will enable accurate identification of a battery's value and its viability for second use service.
• Renewable Energy System Integrators:
– Systems integrators should work to develop Energy Storage System (ESS) solutions from repurposed
EV batteries that minimize integration, balance of system, and installation costs.
– The use of the off-grid solar/wind power in conjunction with energy storage substantially enhances the
utilization of renewable energy generation units.
• Utilities and Regulators:
– Utilities and regulators should develop policies that encourage the use of ESS, particularly as peaker
plant replacements through Ancillary Services, and that will support access to sufficiently large markets
for repurposed batteries.
– Enabling the use of assets with durations as little as 1 hour would also be helpful.
Policy Objectives for EVs In India
• Main objectives of Policies should be :
– Bridging the viability gap,
– Enabling charging infrastructure
– Encourage domestic manufacturing,
– Creating public awareness.
• Policy Measures and Mechanism Options:
Policy Measure Mechanism
Creating Eco-system Charging Infrastructure, Domestic Manufacturing
GST, Income Tax Credit, Road Tax, Low Interest Loan, Accelerated
Demand Aggregation Taxi Fleets, 3-Wheelers, Buses
Business Model Vehicle Leasing, Battery Leasing, Battery Swapping
Regulatory Provisions Permits, EV Only Eco-Sensitive Zones
Demand Incentive FAME India, Direct Benefit Transfer