• 20 questions in the prelims
• Questions 15-20 are starred and would be used in case of a tie
• 6 teams would qualify for the finals
• Quizmaster’s discretion would be final.
• Use of mobile phones and internet (Googling etc.) during the
prelims is strictly prohibited and will lead to disqualification.
• Participants are expected to quiz in the spirit of quizzing
• Audience is requested not to litter the venue
• No food/drinks are allowed inside the venue
• Smoking and consumption of Alcohol/Tobacco/Illegal Drugs is
strictly prohibited in the campus/auditorium/canteen/buses
• ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE!
• Happy Quizzing!
5. 1. The Nice Guy Who Finished First is
the biography of which cricketer?
9. 3. Born on October 25, 1984 in California. I changed
my name as it sounded similar to Kate Hudson. I
recorded my first album at the age of 15 for the
Christian music label Red Hill. I have a German,
Portuguese, Irish and English ancestry and I’m
popular for my unconventional style of dressing.
Who am I?
19. 8. The device opens an adjustable flap on the
rear wing of the car (which when closed
creates more downforce for greater
cornering) to reduce downforce, thus giving a
pursuing car more speed and a greater
chance of overtaking a car in front. What?
21. 9. Where would one be if he/she is
at the 8th Avenue between 31st and
33rd streets in Manhattan?
23. 10. The Hollywood movie The
Expendables 2 will have a cameo by
which prolific sportsperson. Who?
25. 11. X played the role of the pizza
delivery man in Home Delivery(2005)
Y played the role of the Director of
Mohabbat Man in Om Shanti Om
37. 17. Who has been awarded the
Dada Saheb Phalke Award for the
39. 18. This song charted at No.2 in the UK
singles chart and is inspired from the 1985
Kate Bush song ‘Running Up That Hill. The
band never play it live and its lead singer
admits that it his least favorite song inspite of
it being one of the highest selling singles of
the band. Id the song
41. 19. Which stadium located on the banks
of River Thames and next to Bishop’s
Park, this stadium has been used by the
Australian National Football Team due to
a large expatriate population living in
England and hosted the Womans
Champions League Final in 2011?
43. 20. Who is the painter as depicted in
the 2011 movie The Adventures of
• 6 questions based on minimalist posters, parodies
and magazine covers.
• Teams have to write down the answer on the sheet
of paper that they are provided with.
• Teams will exchange answer sheets at the end of the
• +10 for every correct answer. No negative marking.
• Audience is requested to be patient enough to wait
for their turn
• Quizmaster’s decision is final
• Six questions on infinite bounce
• +10 for every right answer
• Audience is requested to be patient enough to
wait for the audience question.
• Quizmaster’s discretion is final
• Brickbats/Bouquets for the quizmasters’ will
be welcome after the quiz
64. 1. It was the only no.1 hit of the band in USA and consists of
only three chords and is amongst the Rolling Stones 500
Greatest Songs of All Time. The girlfriends of all the band
members were shown in its video and a part of the guitar
solo was removed from the music video to make it more
marketable eventually drawing the ire of the band members.
Identify this very famous song for which Channel V made a
Hindustani cover using sitars and tablas
67. 2. This club was the first football club to
purposely build a football stadium and also
boast the fact that their 1936 game against
Arsenal was the first ever televised football
match. Identify this club which has been
semi-officially nicknamed as ‘The People’s
70. 3. Written by Tony Britten, X is an adaptation of
George Frideric Handel's Zadok the Priest .X has
been rendered in three different languages namely
English, German and French. All girl band All Angels
were the last to perform it live. id X
73. 4. X is an animation depicting a drop of steel
from a steelworks in Bolton. X is a tribute to
the Stoke Mandeville Hospital which
organised the Stoke Mandeviile Games which
is widely regarded as the inspiration of Y. Id X
Portayed by Isaac Feaunati in the movie
Invictus, this player stunned the world when
he scored four tries against the English in the
1995 World Cup prompting the English
skipper to quip ‘He is a freak and the sooner
he goes away the better ‘. Who is this rugby
121. 5. In a 1994 test match against South Africa at The
Oval, he was hit on the helmet by a Fanie de Villiers
bouncer which riled him and he uttered the famous
words ‘You guys are history’ to the South African slip
cordon. He hit back with a devastating spell of 9-57
which is the best bowling spell by an English fast
bowler. Id this bowler whose performance was
included in Channel 4’s 100 Greatest Sporting
124. 6. . Billings Artworks Ltd., with the help of
Semco Industries, created a custom alloy of
zinc and aluminium which they named
Gramium. For what specific purpose was this
alloy developed? It continues to be used for
127. 7. He is a product of the Akhil Bharatiya
Vanavasi Kalyan Ashram and his family
belongs to the Ahari tribe. He represented
India at the 1988 Seoul Olympics and the
1992 Barcelona Olympics where he missed
out on the bronze medal by a single point in
his event. He was awarded the Arjuna Awad
in 1991 and has been associated with TATA
and PNB. Identify this Olympian.
132. 1. An inspiring speech by Obdulio Varela was
the motivation behind the winning team’s
stunning performance. His most memorable
line was, “Muchachos, los de afuera son de
palo. Que comience la función”, which could
be translated as "Boys, outsiders are to be
disregarded (literally, "made of wood"). Let
the show begin". This match has been termed
as Maracanazo. What am I talking about?
147. 6. This South African swimmer created history in 2002
Manchester CWG when she won both the multi-disability 50
m freestyle and the multi-disability 100m freestyle in world
record time. She then went on to qualify for the 800m able
bodied freestyle final, the first time that an athlete with
disability had qualified for the finals of an able bodied event.
She was honored with the first David Dixon Award for the
Outstanding Athlete of the Games. Identify this inspirational