1. THE first crush
of every employee
I m just
Feel this Googling effect
2. The Future
“The ultimate search engine would
understand exactly what you mean and
give back exactly what you want.”
- Larry Page
3. 1.Focus on the user and all else will follow.
2.It's best to do one thing really, really well.
3.Fast is better than slow.
4.Democracy on the web works.
5.You don't need to be at your desk to need an
6.You can make money without doing evil.
7.There's always more information out there.
8.The need for information crosses all borders.
9.You can be serious without a suit.
10.Great just isn't good enough.
4. Interesting facts about Google
Google started in January, 1996 as a research
project at Stanford University, by Ph.D.
candidates Larry Page and Sergey Brin when
they were 24 years old and 23 years old
The name Google™ was an
accident. A spelling mistake
made by the original
founders who thought they
were going for ˜Googol™”
5. INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT
• $8K/year for you to continue your
• $5K if you are adopting a kid.
• Stay in Google for 1 year and get away
with $2.5 lakh.
• 120 hours of Training per year.
• 2 million Job Applicants per year.
6. BENEFITS OF WORKING IN GOOGLE
“The goal is to strip away everything that gets in ourThe goal is to strip away everything that gets in our
employees’ way.employees’ way.
We provide aWe provide a standard package of fringe benefitsstandard package of fringe benefits, but on top, but on top
of that are first-class dining facilities, gyms, laundry rooms,of that are first-class dining facilities, gyms, laundry rooms,
massage rooms, haircuts, carwashes, dry cleaning, commutingmassage rooms, haircuts, carwashes, dry cleaning, commuting
–– just about anything a hardworking employee might want.”just about anything a hardworking employee might want.”
Eric Schmidt, CEO GoogleEric Schmidt, CEO Google
9. UNIQUE CULTURAL ASPECTS
Ethical Lava lamps
Dogs Massage chairs Double rooms
Football Ping-pong tables
Darts Assorted video
Social Groups Outdoor sitting
Customer-responsive Healthy Food
Snacks and Drinks
10. AMENITIES OFFERED
On-site Doctor Gym
Hundreds of recreational facilities Massage therapy
20% of time on independent projects
Financial planning classes
Free Gourmet food
Child care Bring pet to work
Car Wash Bike Repair Stock Option
Health fare Dry Cleaning
Company Movie Day Bike repair
Dry Cleaning Discount for products
google office around the world.mp4
11. RECRUITMENT & SELECTION
• Promote from within
– Suitable Profile Search
– Challenging Interviews and Selection
– On boarding the candidate (Induction)
13. TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
• On – the – job training
– Class training
– Departmental meetings
– Lectures by famous personnel
• Search Inside Yourself (S.I.Y)
• Training on Soft Skills as well as Hard
14. “People don’t work at Google for
the money. They work at Google
because they want to change the
world with enjoying their life!”
15. COMPENSATION STRUCTURE
• Pay – for – performance.
• Employees were paid 12% above the
• BOD requested for reduction in salary.
• Low Performance Improvement Plan
21. , in short, in short
• HR functions and policies align with business model and vision makes
Google the most exciting young technology company to work for
• Healthy work-life balance is motivating people
• "I trust the people I work for, have pride in what I do, and enjoy the
people I work with”
• Trust is “written” on the psychological contract
• Good employment relations, employee relations
• High Employee involvement
• More likely engage in discretionary behavior
• Positive Organizational citizenship behavior
• High job satisfaction and commitment, even self-motivated