31. High level question- “What are you hoping to accomplish by bringing on a commercial litigation partner for your Miami office?” “How are you going about achieving your growth goals as a firm?”
32. Facilitate discussion (How much is it costing them to do it the way that they are doing it today? Are they having to send that work out to another firm currently? What is that costing them? What kinds of things have they found that are holding them back from achieving their goals? Cost issues around expenses, client development, training, IT systems, billing systems, research, turnover, etc. What is the average tenure of their support staff? (If they treat them well chances are they treat everyone well.)
34. If you are just going to cost them money, why should they hire you?
37. Facilitate value discussion- “So when looking to be able to keep more construction work internally, would it improve your profits per case if you had an attorney within your firm that had specific experience in construction litigation, defects? How many cases do you think you could keep internally? What is the average case worth?
38. Confirm- So if you had someone with specific experience in construction litigation, you believe that you would be able to keep at least 90% of the work internally. This would increase your revenue by 500k per year. Is that accurate?