2. • Be Extra conscious while dealing with Questions of Polity. Many times, an Exact
Extreme statement from M. Laxmikant Indian polity book is taken.
• How to Know which statement is the extreme statement? Ans. Extreme
statements contain the following keyword:
3. NEGATIVES RULES
• If the statement contains Exact data, Number then that statement is more
likely to be wrong. The data, Numbers are generally given to confuse the
• In the following question, statement 1 is correct this shows you need to have the
basic knowledge to enhance your accuracy. You should read M. Laxmikant Indian
Polity book with heart; these negative rules sometimes fail when you don’t even
have the basic knowledge. The exception to this rule is rare, But You should know
the basic books to enhance accuracy.
4. NAME OF INSTITUTION IS WRONG
• This rule is extremely valuable in solving questions related to schemes, initiatives,
and Programs launched by the government Department/ Ministry, and various
Bodies for example-RBI, SEBI, etc. The rule: UPSC gives the Wrong Name of the
Ministry, Government Department, Implementing agency, or Body like SBI, RBI,
SEBI, etc. The Hint: The following type of statement is wrong. the scheme/
Initiative/ Program …...Launched/ Initiated… BY Department/ Body “X” …. . Look to
the Below examples for better clarity. The statement gives a sense of some
initiative launched/implemented by someone.