O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Transformation Consulting, Inc.
Arianna Hortsman, Amy Cabanas, Ryan Hoff and Dwight Davis
• 1877 AT&T, standing for American
Telephone & Telegraph began.
• Developed to build and operate the first
long-distance telephone network.
• Operated as a monopoly until 1984.
• Civil antitrust suit with the Justice
Department split Bell into seven ‘baby
• A restructuring would amount to the
largest voluntary break-up in the history
of American business.
• AT&T remained a communications
• The other fragments moved into different
areas of business.
“To exploit technical innovations for the benefit of AT&T and its
customers by implementing next-generation technologies and
Analysis and Evaluation
Assessment of External Environment
• Technological segments
• Political segments
• Economic segments
• Social segments
• Environmental segments
• Legal segments
• Buyer Power
• Supplier Power
Assessment of Current Strategy
• AT&T’s current strategy will be to
focus around five different areas:
• These five components are utilized as
lenses for AT&T to analyze their
products, from new software and
technologies to their cable/Internet
and phone services.
• AT&T also breaks up their business strategy into different
• Master Strategy
• Marketing Strategy
• Technology Strategy
Keys to Success
• New frontier of connected-car
• Connected-home technologies
• Also exploring better-fitted Internet/cable and data plans for customers.
• Currently they are leaders in wireless products and services.
External Environment Internal Environment
o New technologies
o Connected car/house
o International expansion
o Wireless growth
o Wireless capabilities
o Data/Broadband offerings
o iPhone exclusivity
o Acquisition of DirecTV and Cingular
o Continued price wars
o Government regulations
o Intensified competition
o Industry consolidation
o Emerging technologies
o Tighter margins
o Lack of flexibility
o Poor customer service
o Poor reputation
o Limited market share
o Censorship issues
o Network security problems
o Company size
• Pursue the most disenchanted
legacy Nextel customers by
marking to PTT technology.
• Continue marketing relationship
with Apple’s iPhone
• Better accentuate the breadth of
services in advertisement;
customers are unaware of the
speeds AT&T has to offer.
• Advertise partnership with HBO
• Continue to improve customer
service, relations, and support in
order to repair damaged image.
• Pursue into newfound and highly-
anticipated technologies such as
connected car/home technology.