O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
What is the Television Mission?
Let us have a look at the current
scenario when it comes to TV shows
• Widely popular and a rage among
youngsters is the TV series’ these
• The young generation is drawn
towards these TV shows more than
what is broadcast on the Indian
• Reasons might be poor production
values, stagnant storyline or
inability to connect with the
• Game of Thrones is preferred over
Sasural Simar Ka.
• With all the varieties of TV series’ out there, with genres
ranging from drama to crime, romance to action, comedy to
fantasy, the audiences are spoilt for choice.
• They binge watch these shows and eventually lose track of
the episodes they were watching; sometimes shows with
similar storylines get them confused as well!
• Surely, keeping track of the shows you have watched is a
headache for many!
The Television Mission- The Solution!
• The Television Mission is an app on iOS and Android, which lets you keep
track of the shows you are watching or plan to watch later.
• Creates database or “collection”, where you can add TV shows of your
choice and manage them efficiently.
• Get latest notifications regarding the shows, check the episodes you
have watched, the ratings, reviews, and everything related just in one
Providing a convenient way of managing TV shows
User friendly and high on customization
Expansion of app database in number of shows
Stream episodes of TV shows at convenient pricing
Cloud Storage and Offline mode for premium users
• TV series’ are relatively new in India, and an app like this
has a lot of reach for its target audience.
• With the largest youth population in the world, with
improving rates of literacy everyday, there is a huge market
for such apps.
• The smartphone boom and the convenience of using a
smartphone add to the vision of a strong market position.
Market Overview- The External Factors
TV Series App
• Convenience of the UI of the application
• Huge database of TV shows and Cloud Storage
• Unpopular brand name
• No application for Windows
• Less number of competitors; chances of higher market share
• Highly popular among the target audience
• Bigger players like Netflix when it comes to streaming episodes
• Competitor Products
• The app is mainly targeted at the young educated population
• Age Group of 15-30 years.
• The audience is expected to increase due to more preference
given to foreign TV shows by the new generations.
• Young working class and college going students main focus at
• Building a customer base using the free version of the app.
• Google and Apple pay on a “pay per click” on ad basis.
• Run apps on the app using admob or inmobi.
• The money is obtained after the parent company cuts its
commission out of the revenue generated.
• In-app purchases to be included.
• Focus would be on generating maximum revenue from the
• Google pays 68% of the listed price on the Play Store to the
• Convenient pricing of the app for more downloads of the paid
• Introduction of in-app purchases for more features.
• Basic need of managing the huge number of TV shows that they
view in their day to day life.
• The high customization and the ease-of-use makes the app
differentiates the app.
• Cloud storage, the technology of the future, is implemented for
• Storage problem addressed by extra cloud storage space for
• Online database websites. E.g. IMDB and Wikipedia
• Video streaming websites. E.g. YouTube
• Production houses.
Suppliers- To invest in
the app with
• Entertainment Websites e.g. The Wrap, TV Guide
Channel Members- To
supplement the content
present in the app.
• Advertising agencies e.g. admob, inmobi
• Dedicate YouTube channels e.g. Android Authority
• Social Networking Websites e.g. Facebook, Twitter
Partners- To spread
information about the
• Strategic Business Unit can be categorized in the Question Mark
part of the BCG Matrix.
• There is low market share currently for the app, but the app has
high growth capability in the current scenario.
• Focus on increasing market share by increasing customer base.
• Key stakeholders are the production companies who stream the
episodes through the app.
• One of the largest websites to stream television
content for a monthly subscription fee.
• Loyal customer base due to high quality of
service and competitive pricing
TV Series App-
• Highly customizable app to manage TV shows.
• Contains all the relevant information of a huge
database of shows.
• No episode streaming present.
• Entertainment is one of the sources of economy that never gets
• The app has to be updated regularly, to add new features to
maintain the customer base and expand it further.
• With preferences changing among the new generation audience,
apps have to be designed according to their whims.
• The higher the customer base, the higher the revenue generated.
• Similar suggestions based on current shows.
• Connect with Facebook shows what friends and family are
• Episode streaming facility in paid version.
• Extra cloud storage in paid version.
• Overall, hybrid of Netflix and TV Series app, with the best of
• Two different ideas merged together to form a new product.
• First of its kind- chance of high growth.
• Cashing in on the popularity of TV shows.
• The next generation preferring these shows makes it an
investment of the future as well.
• Personal growth in respective field.
• Developers get share of the revenue generated from the app.
• Marketing team gets to make more personal contacts, and
share of the revenue as well.
• Professional and economic growth of all other stakeholders
Product- iOS and Android
• Manage TV shows.
• Store the database “collection” in Google Cloud Storage by
connecting with Gmail account.
• Keep audience updated with notifications, news, trailers and related
• Connect with social networking sites and suggest shows based on
what their friends are watching.
• Provide personal cloud storage on your own cloud and offline episode
viewing in premium version.
• Share about any show on social networking platforms.
• Find TV series of your choice in Search.
• Check/uncheck episodes already viewed and yet to be viewed.
• Personalize and customize the app based on in-built themes.
• Watch a glimpse of any episode in case you want to buy it from in-
• The Television Mission- Brand Name
• Logo to depict a TV show running on your palm. It’s as simple as
• Slogan- “TV is love. TV is life. We understand”.
• The whole brand image should strike the customer as something
that is completely dedicated to provide him with the best TV
viewing experience possible.
• Two versions of the app- Free Version and Premium Version.
• The paid version will be priced nominally at $5, which will be
charge for the extra cloud storage.
• There will be in-app purchases for every episode in the paid
version, and also combo offers if one wants to download the
whole season at once.
• The pricing would be lesser when compared to competitors in
order to increase customer base, and later at par with
competitors once the audience is large enough.
• Two versions of the app- Free Version and Premium Version.
• Only one full-episode of any TV series would be provided to the free
• The premium version users would be provided with a lot of incentives.
• Extra cloud storage of 5GB provided by the company to store episodes.
• Offline storage of episodes within the app to view when there is no
The product will be
•Social networking websites
•Online Advertising agencies
•Television and print advertising
•Word of mouth
• The product will exclusively be distributed through Play
Store for Android.
• Similarly, it will be distributed through the App Store for the
A team of developers will be present to update, maintain and debug
the app periodically.
A team of marketing professionals to get sponsors and talk to
production houses about distribution of episodes through us.
An HR department looking after the recruitment and well-being of
A Finance department looking after the accounts and monetary
issues of the company.
• Developing the app
• Talks with production houses regarding episode streaming.
• Tie up with a online transaction firm for secured
transactions for purchase of episodes.
• Marketing of the app on social media platforms, word of
mouth, TV and print media and online advertising agencies.
• Updating the app with new features constantly, and
• Expanding the market share once customer base is
• Paid version to be launched after 5000 downloads of free version.
• Focus on increasing customer base in the beginning using free
• Constant updates every week- Instrumental in reminding people
about the app in case they forget.
• Episode pricing to be based on popularity of the show. Marginally
lower than competitors in order to lure their customers here.
• Later, focus on increasing market share once huge customer base.
Created by Amrit Dash, BITS Hyderabad, during a
marketing internship by Prof. Sameer Mathur, IIM