1. Amit Kumar Bera
Mobile: +91-9619667098, Phone: +91-22-42642189
Strategic Financial Management /Business Planning /Reporting /Accounting
Operations /P&L Management/Revenue Assurance/Post Paid, Pre Paid & IUC billing
Qualified ICWA offering an impressive experience of over 21 years across Telecom, Power Distribution, Water
Distribution & EPC project ,Engineering & Manufacturing Industries; strong credentials in rolling out innovative
financial strategies to generate operational economy across diverse functional disciplines
Talented and profit driven management professional with significant experience acquired over the years in
Financial & Accounting Operations, Strategic Planning, Accounts Payables/Receivables, Management Accounting,
Statutory & Legal Compliances, Revenue Assurance ,Post/Pre paid & IUC billing and Auditing in various industry
verticals; excellent understanding of ERP (Oracle Finance ), Arbor Kenan Billing System, and Intec; adept in
designing and implementing Corporate Policies & Procedures, and yearly projections, to meet company’s long and
short term financial needs and enhance operational efficiency of the Organization; incredibly hardworking with
strong track record of completing projects on time and within budget; incredibly hardworking with strong track
record of completing assignments on time and within budget.
Key Strength Areas
• Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CFO and make
actionable recommendations on both company’s long-term strategy and annual budget .
• Engage the board finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the
operating model(s) and operational delivery.
• Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants
(auditors, investment advisors).
• Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution
Financial Planning and Analysis
• Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs.
• Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
• Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition,
new service launches).
• Develop and maintain capital budget.
• Assist in development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports.
2. Fund Flow/Cash Management
• Fund flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
• Financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
• Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight
into the organization’s operations and business plans.
• Oversee weekly cash management; Approve weekly payables; Execute check signing
• Oversee revenue management and provide support to collections activities
Policy ,System implementation
• Implementation of Accounting policy & guidelines .
• Automation of manual active
• Mass Data migration ,Tally to Oracle ERP.
• Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
• User acceptance testing of new IT software like Oracle ERP , Arbor Kenon billing systems
• Mentor and develop a direct finance team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution,
performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamics.
• Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the company.
• Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements.
• Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
• Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations
and corporate/overhead cost allocation
• Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
• Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues
• Develop and manage accounting staff
• Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits
• Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns
• Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
Major Accomplishments/Professional Forte
3. • Successful at handling Finance Reporting & MIS highlighting the details of Opex /Capex /Revenue, Monthly
Opex /Revenue forecasting, Budgeting & AOP finalization ,major KPI variance analysis with AOP, monthly
presentation to CEO/HOD to facilitate decision making and initiate cost reduction programs
• Complete knowledge of Revenue Assurance, Finance and Accounts in both Telecom , Power & Water
Distribution Company and EPC Project.
• Ensured timely processing of Capex & Opex vendor bills, Employee claim, Pay Role , vendor reconciliation
• Successfully handled strategic vendors of the organization like TechM, IBM , Ericson, ZTE, ALU etc.&
Infrastructure vendors like Viom, Indus ,TTSL, etc.
• Handling revenue accounting including monthly revenue finalization, IUC/LL billing, variance analysis with AOP,
Financial validation of Product /Scheme/Tariff launch & monitor, Site wise ROI, Waiver/Discount analysis, and
• Monthly AGR & License fees finalization , Quarterly LF deposit , AGR Audit
• Supervised Fixed Assets & Insurance, site-wise capitalization, Capex, Depreciation variance with AOP, finalization
of yearly insurance premium, monthly insurance claim, and physical verification fixed assets
• Monitored collection accounting &channel partner payments, accounting of daily collection, weekly BRS,
Provision for Bad debts, Refund of SD received, Fund Flow
• Involved in validating TDS deducted, monitoring deposit of monthly Tax & Return submission (TDS, TCS, WCT,
Service Tax, P Tax, VAT ), issuing of C form, form 16& 16A etc., as well as Cenvat Audit and Statutory Audit .
• Ensured strict Audit Compliance including Statutory Audit , Internal Audit , Service Tax Audit , Cenvat Audit , Call
• Preparing & maintaining statutory books of accounts, final accounts and reconciliation of financial statements
with monthly / quarterly results
• Played an important role revenue assurance by managing Post /Pre Paid Billing functions, Customer Acquisition,
Credit Operations, MoU Analysis, UAT of New plan Launch and timely Complaint resolution
• Demonstrated expertise in structuring annual budgeting, and capital budgeting, defining standard operating
procedures & internal controls and exercising strict budgetary control
• Strong capabilities in coordinating with the Banks & FIs, Government & Regulatory Authorities for securing
necessary sanctions & clearances and financial support as well as with Auditors for smooth auditing process
• Possesses sound knowledge about prevalent economic/financial reforms with excellent analytical, presentation,
interpersonal skills and proven abilities in team management
Professional Experience and Accomplishments
Essel Utilities Distribution Co. LTD (Essel Group, Power Distribution Division), Mumbai
Nov 2012 till date
AVP – Finance & Accounts, as a Head Utility Corporate role for existing Seven Circle ( Power , Water and EPC)
• Ensuring that all the DFA compliance related to Finance & Accounts should be done in time. As submitting of
each month billing & collection data, weekly report of security deposit and system loading charges payment,
calculation of each month Average Tariff Rate.
• Calculation of weekly input energy invoice & proper accounting assurance of same.
4. • Finalization/validation of monthly consumer billing data , Revenue finalization , Pass through amount payable
to Discom and ABR (Average Billing Revenue) for additional monthly input power cost
• Finalization /validation of % Technical and Commercial loss , Collection efficiency for the respective circle and
reason for variance
• Supervision of monthly Tariff Adjustment , Tariff index Ratio for the respective circle
• Supervision of monthly Capex addition and submission to Discom as per DFA Clause
• Supervision of EPC company for supply of Capex items for all respective SPV
• Setup New Accounts department at new City like Nagpur, Sagar , Ujjain, Muzaffarpur, Aurangabad, Gwalior,
• Centralized coordinator of billing related matter. Resolving the issues related to billing with IT Department.
• Finalization of pre takeover(DISCOM) related issues i.e. Arrear collection , Security Deposit, Consumer balance.
• Dealing with Govt. Authority (MSEDCL,NBPDCL &MPEB) for regarding their monthly input power bill & other
• Ensuring the various claims to be raised to DISCOM such as Incentive on arrear recovery, Theft Income, Subsidy
to consumer etc. on time and there credit to be received.
• Circle Level AOP/ Budget Finalization, cost reduction Plan , Tracking of AOP vs. Actual ( Both Opex and Capex)
• Analysis of financial data for management reporting. Formulating budgets, comparing the actual results with the
anticipated ones and reporting about negative variances if any.
• Forecasting and Finalization of Monthly P& L
• Preparation of monthly business performance report for top management including Chairman /MD review
• Supervisor of Internal /Statutory /Cost Audit , releasing of accounting policy & Guidelines
Etisalat DB Telecom Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
Apr 2010 - Oct’12
Assistant Vice President – Finance & Accounts
• Handling statutory & internal audit activities, statutory compliances Customs, Central Excise, VAT, Service Tax,
Registrar of Companies, Tax Authorities, etc.
• Responsible for PAN India CAPEX and OPEX finalization across 14 States and successfully managing Finance &
Accounts and Oracle ERP implementation in the company
• Accountable for monitoring funds in and outflow ensuring effective working capital management and optimal
utilization of available funds
• Instrumental in analyzing the balance sheet, closing of books, Revenue Accounting and finalization
• Responsible for preparing forecasts, budgets, MIS reports and variance analysis
• Played a key role in managing Finance and implementing Accounting guidelines, processes, procedures
• Performing audits, monitoring internal controls for all financial and statutory matters
• Conducting UAT of Oracle ERP Finance module and ensuring migration of data from Tally
• Representing the company before Government and statutory authorities for various official causes
• Supervised migration of Tally data into Oracle ERP Finance module
• Implemented 22 Accounting policies along with help of KPMG
• Implemented Oracle Fixed Assets, AGIS & Inventory Module
• Involved in the capitalization of 5000 core manual Assets into 23 FA Business Units
• Developed and implemented 70 Oracle Report related to FA , Payable , Revenue , Chennal accounting etc
5. Bharti Airtel Ltd. Basic Services (Telephone & Broadband), Chennai and Mumbai
May 2001 – Apr 2010
Head –DGM (Finance & Accounts), May 2007 – Apr 2010
• Involved in CAPEX finalization, site wise capitalization, fixed assets register validation, revenue finalization,
license fee and AGR audit
• Accountable for IUC bill collection, settling IUC bills, TDS , service tax , VAT, OPEX control,
• Played a key role in conducting reviews of BRS (Collection & Payment Account), statuary returns (Tax, Service
Tax) and also monthly schedules
• Monitored monthly closing (Finalization BS & PL) while interfacing with Statuary Auditors (E&Y).
• Participated in business decisions in co-ordination with Profit Centre Heads of the group in instituting corporate
goals, long/short-term budgets and crafting business strategies for profitability and revenue generation.
• Led finance functions which involve deciding financial objectives, designing and implementing of systems,
policies & procedures to smoothen internal financial and process controls.
• Monitored in and outflow of funds implementing ample methods to improve efficiency ensuring minimal
utilization of available funds and liaised with banks and financial institutions for raising funds to meet Working
• Conducted variance analysis to determine difference between projected and actual results and executed
curative actions along with supervising MIS reports and reconciliation statements
• Successfully Implemented
Property management module for better control of site cost.
Bill junction payment for timely payment electricity bill , save late payment charges
Host to host payment, ensure 100% NEFT/RTGS payment
• Handled AOP of Rs.250 core and yearly revenue Rs. 650 core
• Recovered Rs.70core security deposit from BMC/MCGM
• Maintained 99 % Inter Fiscal core throughout the year and the Highest Gallup Score
Head – Senior Manager (Billing & RA), May 2001 – Apr 2007
Post Paid Billing & RA
• Had been responsible for monitoring & controlling entire billing, revenue assurance activities and handling
subscriber complaints, request & billing queries.
• Was accountable for analyzing new scheme requirements, recommending solutions or designs to the sales team
and coordinating with IT for the development of MIS reports.
• Demonstrating abilities in identifying training & coaching needs of team members and thereby arranging for the
same with the help of HR SPOC for induction program training for new employee.
• Spearheaded reconciliation activities like Dels (Switch Vs Arbor Billing), Pulse Matrix (Switch Vs Arbor Vs DOT)
and CDR/Pulse (Call Data Record) (Switch Vs Mediation Vs Arbor).
• Instrumental in handling DSL/Board Band & Telecom Billing, Financial Applications, Marketing / Sales System,
New City Billing Configuration, Billing for the TN & AP circle including pre & post billing validations & GL
• Demonstrated abilities in conducting User Acceptance Testing for the new schemes launched, M Mass Tariff
Migration for the TN Circle (configuration and the migration activity for the pulse based tariff to minute based
tariff – impacting over Rs. 3 lakhs landline & Rs. 1 lakh Board Band Subscriber with 100% accuracy.
• Been pivotal in managing Six Sigma Green Belt projects.
6. • Brought down the billing complaint <0.9 % voice billing error & 0 .01 % for DSL billing error respectively.
• Played a pivotal role in initiating auto monthly checklist of 60 RA thereby ensuring no revenue leakage.
Revenue Risk Management
• Have ensured adherence to TRAI guidelines in terms of customer activation such as information in writing about
details of the tariff plan, moratorium on tariff plan changes.
• Was responsible for overseeing & monitoring:
Customer activations along with benchmarking of KPIs for consumer risk areas like customer activation
Adherence to the customer activation process such as duly completed subscriber application form
supported by valid documentation.
Credit/Collection/ Fraud Management
• Looked into the sanctioning of credits after appraising solvency status and verifying documents and doing post
sanction follow ups.
• Was accountable for appraising credit proposals, judging appropriateness of relevant documents for risk
mitigation before disbursing the credit and ensuring compliance with organizational credit policies.
• Assessed creditworthiness of clients and took steps to ensure receipt of payments and recovery of bad debts.
• Managed activities related to bad debt provisioning and ensured compliance to schedules.
• Reviewed bad debts performance and trends analysis such as reasons contributing to bad debt, current methods
adopted for containing bad debt, collection costs and business rules & control change management.
• Conducted an analysis of waivers and adjustments trends, adherence to the DOA.
• Stellar role in ensuring compliance to the dunning schedules, for entry gate criteria and customer segmentation.
• Played a pivotal role in assessing requirements and recommending suggestions on formulating new policies for
customer credit management.
• Significantly contributed in maintaining a record of fraud incidences and flashing circles for corrective /
preventive action for fraud awareness and information sharing.
Inter Connect Billing (For Other Service Provider (BSNL, RIL, Hutch, BPL, Aircel)
• Accountable for handling & monitoring following functions related to IUC billing:
- IUC Rate Matrix Validation - New Trunk Group Configuration
- IUC Billing Call Summary Validation - Intec CDR Rejection Analysis
- Operator CDR Reconciliation Process - Validation of Operators Access Charges Invoices
- Mediation Tables Validation - TRAI Reporting Process on a monthly basis
- End to End CDR Reconciliation for Incoming CDR from Switch to Arbor.
o “Exceptional Contributor” award from the CMD (Zee Group) – Mr. Subhaschandra for the year 2012-
• Bestowed with COO/ED award for valuable contributions in achieving 2 lakhs subscriber.
o “Exceptional Contributor” award twice from the CMD (Bharti Group) – Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal for the
o COO award for billing 100% bill generation on time & COO award for Oracle financial implementation.
o Bharti Airtel President Award for Best Six Sigma Projects 2005-2006 (Billing Error Reduction, Voice
Billing error <0.09% & DSL Billing Error <0.01%).
• Successfully maintained the highest CSM sore across circle (Billing).
• Achieved 100 % on time bill generation and handled Rs. 5 lakhs subscriber billing & Rs.50/- core monthly
7. • Made significant contribution of more than 25 best Patrice related RA activities.
Airtel BTVL, Raipur Jan
1999 – May 2001
In-charge - Finance & Accounts
Rajender Pipes Ltd., Raipur May
1995 – Dec 1998
Executive - Finance & Accounts
Aseea Commercial, Kolkata May
1994 – Apr 1995
Officer- Finance & Accounts
Academic and Professional Credentials
M.Com. (Hons.), 1989
B.Com. (Hons.), 1987
Arbor Kenan Telecom Billing ,BSCS Billing , Oracle Finance, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Access and MS-PowerPoint
• Oracle Financials from Price Water House Coopers
• Quality Education System Training being conducted by IQL, New Delhi at certified “Quality Employee”
• Six Sigma Green Belt
Date of Birth : May 41965
Language : English, Hindi and Bengali
Address : Sreevallabh Tower, A Wing, Flat No. A1603, Dhruv Park, Kanchpada, D’montee Lane, Malad (W),
Mumbai – 400064
CTC – 33 Lacs pa
References & Supporting Documents Available upon Request